UHD 630/ MX 150
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone!

looking for some help in this strange issue Im getting with AppleALC. It only works if I change the layout ID to "29" before I reboot and each time I reboot. If I don't I lose audio devices the next time I boot.

The config.plist does not reset the value though, it stays at "29" but if I need to reboot or restart and I want audio to work after I need to open the .plist, highlight the "29" layout id, overwrite it with "29" then save.

Its pretty weird and its driving me crazy lol.

I have attached my debug files for reference.

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_3221.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 29
Hi everyone!

looking for some help in this strange issue Im getting with AppleALC. It only works if I change the layout ID to "29" before I reboot and each time I reboot. If I don't I lose audio devices the next time I boot.

The config.plist does not reset the value though, it stays at "29" but if I need to reboot or restart and I want audio to work after I need to open the .plist, highlight the "29" layout id, overwrite it with "29" then save.

Its pretty weird and its driving me crazy lol.

I have attached my debug files for reference.

Thanks!
The layout ID in your config.plist was set to 0. I changed it to 29 and attached the file.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.9 KB · Views: 37
The layout ID in your config.plist was set to 0. I changed it to 29 and attached the file.

Thanks but do you mean the layout ID under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)? Im pretty sure its set to 29 I just opened the zip file and can confirm that unless you meant something else.

Thanks but do you mean the layout ID under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)? Im pretty sure its set to 29 I just opened the zip file and can confirm that unless you meant something else.
What are you using to edit the config file? You should always use either Xcode or Clover Configurator.
I mean under Devices/Audio/Inject. See screenshot:

I see what you mean :) I didn't even know that was there. It did not work though.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 30
Give this one a shot
appreciate your help on this! the plist did not work though. I have the audio icon greyed out. no audio device

appreciate your help on this! the plist did not work though. I have the audio icon greyed out. no audio device
Hm, I'm not sure what to do, but I found this thread about your laptop. It's for High Sierra and not Mojave, but it might be worth a shot taking a look and seeing how they got everything working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back