Graphics
Amd Radeon 580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone. I've just installed BigSur in my 2 partition hackintosh. In the other partition i got Catalina. I've installed everything using opencore and since yesterday on Catalina my audio worked very well. Now i got no device in Catalina and in BigSur to. I've tried changing the alc id, but nothing worked. My Codec is the ALC1220.
Can anyone help me? Thanks

Got a similar problem after updating to Big Sur. At Catalina everything worked fine. I tried all alcid. All outputs are detected correctly, but there is no sound.

I think that I've found what could be. I've updated lilu, AppleALC and whatevergreen kexts and now it works fine. I've also removed opencore from one of my partitions to avoid any problem. After few reboots it worked :thumbup:

I use all kexts of the latest version, and Opencore I use only on one partition, so this will hardly help me.

I've also deleted an "Apple" folder that I've found in my EFI partition... I don't know if this can help

I have same issue, for some reason no outputs at all. (Audio supposed to come via RX570)
I updated, lilu, AppleALC and after I saw this post, whatevergreen. I don't know, maybe kexts from OpenCore not injecting on boot, but there've been those kexts, so, I just replaced them with newer version.
Unluckily I'm running mac as VM, so, probably some other things interrupt process. On the other hand, had 0 issues with Catalina before, audio through display port worked as intended

Have you tried to do an OC snapshot in ProperTree? Maybe it could recharge the updated kexts

Turned out, when I updated Bootloader, I passed just GPU, w/o audio function :D
Works fine now, but need to update Sound Control, because still impossible natively to control sound through HDMI/DisplayPort.

Turned out, when I updated Bootloader, I passed just GPU, w/o audio function :D
Works fine now, but need to update Sound Control, because still impossible natively to control sound through HDMI/DisplayPort.
Could you explain in detail? My audio disappeared going to Big Sur.
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back