Contribute
Register

AppleALC driver for Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9 ALC1220 audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get the point 100% :p

AORUS was about saving 100 euros for me but if you say that ASUS board will work 100% like a real Mac with this config:

Core i7 7820x
RX 580 or Vega 64
32GB DDR4 2666Mhz
970 Pro 512 GB
Broadcom chip adapter

by just copying your EFI and having no issues at all, up and running in an hour with all working well (usb, audio, sleep, and all sort of strange stuff): You just sold me an ASUS motherboard! ahahah (PLZ answer seriously!)

Were you able to keep your audio running after update 10.13.5? I started to use to digital out on 10.13.4 but cannot make it work again after 10.13.5. Any suggestion?

Sorry I just saw your message, I uploaded the resource fold which for 1220 compile, you can use it compile by yourself when AppleALC updated.

I also enclosed new AppleALC which work fine in 10.13.5, you can use it. Please don't forget to use latest Lilu.kext

Sorry I just saw your message, I uploaded the resource fold which for 1220 compile, you can use it compile by yourself when AppleALC updated.

I also enclosed new AppleALC which work fine in 10.13.5, you can use it. Please don't forget to use latest Lilu.kext
I resolved the issue. Corruption made by different drives with different clovers. Everything is smooth now. Running Mojave beta3. Thanks anyway.

I resolved the issue. Corruption made by different drives with different clovers. Everything is smooth now. Running Mojave beta3. Thanks anyway.
ok thread revived LOL :)... so I have a Gigabyte 7 gaming, can NOT FOR the LIFE of me get the audio working !! Tried the above with the lilu and other stuff... I read you posted you had some kind of a firewire was it going external box ?? Can you tell the make and model ? I need AUDIO IN and OUT and dont mind a external usb or whatever for it as I can not for the life of me get audio WORKING on the LINE OUT/IN Jacks on the back !!!
again gigabyte gaming 7 299 with a i7 7800x
TIA

ok thread revived LOL :)... so I have a Gigabyte 7 gaming, can NOT FOR the LIFE of me get the audio working !! Tried the above with the lilu and other stuff... I read you posted you had some kind of a firewire was it going external box ?? Can you tell the make and model ? I need AUDIO IN and OUT and dont mind a external usb or whatever for it as I can not for the life of me get audio WORKING on the LINE OUT/IN Jacks on the back !!!
again gigabyte gaming 7 299 with a i7 7800x
TIA
Not enough informations for me to help.. Post your EFI (remove serials/UUID from config).

Not enough informations for me to help.. Post your EFI (remove serials/UUID from config).
Thanks for the reply, and the help ! attached is the EFI :) LMK...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 63
Thanks for the reply, and the help ! attached is the EFI :) LMK...
So many bugs..don't know where to start..You cannot use Voodoo & ALC KEXTat same time. Whatevergreen is missing. You kernel kextsToPatche is very confusing, You added unnecessary patches everywhere. I haven't even checked your clover bootloader version nor your kexts versions. let's do a simpler task...If I suppose that you're using Mac OS 10.13.3 - 10.14. Replace your EFI with the EFI attached ( you have to add serials, UUID, etc.. ).
As a safety concern, I hope that you have an extra drive or way to replace the EFI in case this one fails. It should not :) but you never know. Enjoy your audio !! Let me know how it goes.
PS. If you use a beta version of Mojave ( No reason : Mojave public works perfectly fine ) you need to add as a custom flag " -Lilubetall " in boot section of config.

PS the firewire card I use is this one. You do not need it for your audio to work. It is recognized OOB. The only issue is that if used with a firewire interface, you will lose wake after sleep ( KP ).
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124107

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    63.7 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
So many bugs..don't know where to start..You cannot use Voodoo & ALC KEXTat same time. Whatevergreen is missing. You kernel kextsToPatche is very confusing, You added unnecessary patches everywhere. I haven't even checked your clover bootloader version nor your kexts versions. let's do a simpler task...If I suppose that you're using Mac OS 10.13.3 - 10.14. Replace your EFI with the EFI attached ( you have to add serials, UUID, etc.. ).
As a safety concern, I hope that you have an extra drive or way to replace the EFI in case this one fails. It should not :) but you never know. Enjoy your audio !! Let me know how it goes.
PS. If you use a beta version of Mojave ( No reason : Mojave public works perfectly fine ) you need to add as a custom flag " -Lilubetall " in boot section of config.

PS the firewire card I use is this one. You do not need it for your audio to work. It is recognized OOB. The only issue is that if used with a firewire interface, you will lose wake after sleep ( KP ).
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124107
The EFI posted above should work with I7 7800X if you do not USE ACPI patches ( CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED ) as your EFI folder above suggested.

Elly: Thanks for taking the time on your EFI Folder although it didnt work for me, No Idea why, I replaced it etc onto my SSD (It booted fine etc).... (and yes.. high sierra is the os)..

I know the LINE OUT Jack works (its a new board)... and I have a multi os system (Win and Linux on the other M2's and they all work (IN and OUT Audio line in/out jacks)....

I clicked the speaker on the top bar and tried BOTH LINE OUT's from your build, and nada ;(

Elly: Thanks for taking the time on your EFI Folder although it didnt work for me, No Idea why, I replaced it etc onto my SSD (It booted fine etc).... (and yes.. high sierra is the os)..

I know the LINE OUT Jack works (its a new board)... and I have a multi os system (Win and Linux on the other M2's and they all work (IN and OUT Audio line in/out jacks)....

I clicked the speaker on the top bar and tried BOTH LINE OUT's from your build, and nada ;(
This is an easy problem to resolve :). Please give me a screenshot of your sound preferences output.

Before fixing the audio coming out of back panel of the board try this first:
Connect your output cable in the Front audio output of the board ( see diagram ). The option " Headphones " should appear when cable is connected. If not, leave cable connected and restart computer.

Here's my config in pictures below with cable connected in in back panel ( Front audio works as well ) Try all this options and get back to me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.02.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.02.29 AM.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.11.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.11.36 AM.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.16.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.16.08 AM.png
    489.5 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.