CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD 4000 / HD 7570M
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I really want to use AppleALC But my Codec is not supported. it is IDT 92HD94. Is there any fix or alternative for it?

Hello. I really want to use AppleALC But my Codec is not supported. it is IDT 92HD94. Is there any fix or alternative for it?

This is not looking easy.

Did you do it? I'm having the same codec IDT 92HD94

Did you do it? I'm having the same codec IDT 92HD94
No I wasn't able to do it, seemed a bit complex. However when I looked at hackintool, my audio codec was shown IDT92HD91BXX , and not IDT 92HD94. You should give that one a try, it worked for me on clover but is not working on Opencore. I have to use VoodooHDA on Opencore.

No I wasn't able to do it, seemed a bit complex. However when I looked at hackintool, my audio codec was shown IDT92HD91BXX , and not IDT 92HD94. You should give that one a try, it worked for me on clover but is not working on Opencore. I have to use VoodooHDA on Opencore.
I've tried all the layout id's for IDT92HD91BXX, none of them are working with open core.
I assume it could be because of the rebranding of audio controller.
I might end up using VoodooHDA, don't we need to move EFI to Mac OS drive from USB for it?

I've tried all the layout id's for IDT92HD91BXX, none of them are working with open core.
I assume it could be because of the rebranding of audio controller.
I might end up using VoodooHDA, don't we need to move EFI to Mac OS drive from USB for it?
yes, any kexts that work ok on your usb stick, will need to be in your efi on your hard drive

also you can add support via:

yes, any kexts that work ok on your usb stick, will need to be in your efi on your hard drive

also you can add support via:
I'll allocate myself some time sparing for try adding support in AppleALC, if it's eating up too much time and I'm nowhere near then I would end up using VoodooHDA!

Let's see! I'll update the thread with the progress.

Update:

Documentation is outdated for adding codec support in AppleALC.
CodecLookup.plist file is meant to let AppleALC detect your codecs by providing the IORegistry lookup paths. All the paths are prefixed, therefore PCI will match PCI0, for example.
CodecLookup.plist no longer exists in the repository, I believe it's renamed as Controllers.plist but not sure.
And finding difficult to proceed with the steps mentioned in the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back