Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am running into the same issue from the following thread:

Basically, I can boot from USB but not from any of my disks. I have tried the following but hasn't been able to solve the issue:
  1. The solution from the aforementioned thread
  2. Upgrade Clover
  3. Upgrade various kexts including FakeSMC
  4. Clear nvram. I couldn't even boot into single mode but booted from USB to do this
The weird thing is that the same issue happens when I boot from another disk on the same computer with another macOS install. When I boot from that disk, I can boot into that install fine.

Thanks,
Sam

Sorry, it is working fine now. Just in case, somebody runs into this issue:

When I had upgraded Clover on the other partition or due to something else, my BIOS boot order got changed and when I was booting from HDD, it was using some weirdly named entry. After I changed the BIOS to boot from correct HDD, everything is working perfectly.

The funny thing is that this was all working fine but due to an issue, my house's power went out. The computer was in Sleep mode so obviously it had to be restarted and when I restarted, this issue started happening. I had ensured that the BIOS entry was correct when I started troubleshooting but never went back to check after trying the suggested fix (#1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back