Contribute
Register

AppleACPICPU timeout before reaching installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is due to the OSXAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, the differences between the original the Fix2 version is that it seems to work with small solid state devices like USBs and EMMC drives.

I had experimented with this after installing and trying to figure out why it was not booting and halting, make sure you take due caution when changing AptioFix types.

Hey, thanks for this. I will try using the alternate OSXAptioFix2Drv file. Is my other option one without 'Fix2' in the filename?
Thanks

Hey, thanks for this. I will try using the alternate OSXAptioFix2Drv file. Is my other option one without 'Fix2' in the filename?
Thanks

Yes the OSXAptioFixDrv is the other version, make sure you do not install both cause this will cause either a KP or a Image Verification Error when booting from Clover to OSX (when passing over)

Thanks, I;ll try sawpping them out. I assume in the EFI partition? Thanks
actually seems like i have both on my EFI of the hard drive:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 18.25.55.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 18.25.55.png
    161 KB · Views: 1,820
Last edited:
deleting the version 2, and leaving 1 in has changed nothing.

Will try the opposite now! Although when I was booting the installer, my full error contained AppleACPICPU, but now it just says 'IOAHCIDevice' and no mention of apple anything yet.

Last edit; seems I have to use fix2 or it get memory error straight away trying to boot.

Busy timeout(0), (60s), kextd wait(0): 'IOAHCIDevice'

Is my error on boot, and to be honest I think I'll just have to live with it. Everything else seems to be fine

Last edited:
Can you create a log from the Clover Bootloader about what happens when loading into OS and also have you considered using the HFSPlus driver and blocking or deleting the VboxHFS driver?

I included what my EFI files are attached to this comment.

EDIT: Consider showing a log of what your Clover Bootloader is doing when booting in to the OS.
Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 00.04.56.png

Hey,
Sure. Here's the log and EFI. I made my boot key using a generator from insanelymac :

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 00.08.34.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 00.08.34.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 1,261
  • bootlog.log.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 349
Changing to HFSPlus.efi hasn't removed the error either. Thanks for the help :)

What settings do you have setup within the config.plst, if you can show every section using clover configuration (ommit themes section)it could help me and other people to round down what settings might cause this error to occur.

As of right now I'm on mobile but I will try to help out as best as I can.

I dont know what's changed but this morning the computer booted fine, and I now see my Windows 10 drive in finder as well. I diddn't notice in all this upgrade, that it had dissapeared. I don't boot from Clover into it, I use my bios anyway. But now the computer starts straight away. I will have to look into that drive. It always showed up but in the log there are some 'alignment' errors. I thought those were for the mSATA drive which corrupted before I upgraded. I guess not! Thanks again for the help

I dont know what's changed but this morning the computer booted fine, and I now see my Windows 10 drive in finder as well. I diddn't notice in all this upgrade, that it had dissapeared. I don't boot from Clover into it, I use my bios anyway. But now the computer starts straight away. I will have to look into that drive. It always showed up but in the log there are some 'alignment' errors. I thought those were for the mSATA drive which corrupted before I upgraded. I guess not! Thanks again for the help

Absolutely no problem Weezul! Personally with the way you setup your clover bootloader if I am correct in saying you used a system from insanelymac, I would create a bootloader config that is based on your system from scratch; but all to their own.
If you need anything else post in the forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back