Graphics
RX 5700 XT + UHD 630 (disabled)
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Having an issue where Apple Watch connects to dell 7573 with dell dw1830, but loses connection after a few minutes. I think this may be the issue causing "unlock with Apple Watch" to hang and not unlock laptop. was wondering if there was a script that can be compiled to force the MacBook to keep bluetooth connection with the Apple Watch? Before Clover 5033, Apple Watch was not showing connected in system report at all. I only unlocked my hack with Apple Watch 2 times since building it. Any help or even feedback is greatly appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 9.24.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 9.24.36 PM.png
    99 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 9.27.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 9.27.17 PM.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 64
Since you have Dell laptop, probably you have Intel dual band wireless chip, which is not supported. If not so, then attach information about your hardware and also problem reporting files please.

I think they should dynamically connect/disconnect. Connection shouldn't be kept alive...
With my DW1560 I could only get Auto Unlock working once after enabling the option, then it broke after disabling and re-enabling, for one more time.
Support status shows in System Information>Wi-Fi>Auto Unlock.
AirportBrcmFixup is probably necessary for 3rd party cards to at least have it supported, tho it'll probably not work (You'll be able to enable the option, but it will fail every time like you describe).
I think you can only get a reliable connection for Auto Unlock with an Apple wireless card. Since I replaced mine, it's working flawlessly.

Since you have Dell laptop, probably you have Intel dual band wireless chip, which is not supported. If not so, then attach information about your hardware and also problem reporting files please.
I have dell dw1830 not intel chip. attached debug

Attachments

• debug_316.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 50
I think they should dynamically connect/disconnect. Connection shouldn't be kept alive...
With my DW1560 I could only get Auto Unlock working once after enabling the option, then it broke after disabling and re-enabling, for one more time.
Support status shows in System Information>Wi-Fi>Auto Unlock.
AirportBrcmFixup is probably necessary for 3rd party cards to at least have it supported, tho it'll probably not work (You'll be able to enable the option, but it will fail every time like you describe).
I think you can only get a reliable connection for Auto Unlock with an Apple wireless card. Since I replaced mine, it's working flawlessly.
what card did you replace with?

what card did you replace with?
I'm using a BCM94360CS2 + M.2 adapter. Bought them for about $23 in AliExpress.
Make sure you have enough room for the card + adapter in your laptop.

If you have 3 antennas (As I see you have the DW1830), you might want to get a different Apple BCM94360 variant that supports all 3. The CS2 is the MacBook Air variant that supports 2.
Maybe BCM943602CS, or BCM94360CSAX, do your research tho. Those are just suggestions, I didn't actually research anything about them.

I'm using a BCM94360CS2 + M.2 adapter. Bought them for about $23 in AliExpress.
Make sure you have enough room for the card + adapter in your laptop.

If you have 3 antennas (As I see you have the DW1830), you might want to get a different Apple BCM94360 variant that supports all 3. The CS2 is the MacBook Air variant that supports 2.
Maybe BCM943602CS, or BCM94360CSAX, do your research tho. Those are just suggestions, I didn't actually research anything about them.
thanks. unfortunately I looked into all possible solutions for native apple wifi card. my laptop uses ngff wifi and I don't think apple makes 1. I also looked into ngff to mini-pcie adapter but I don't think it will fit into my laptop. thanks @ben9923

Having an issue where Apple Watch connects to dell 7573 with dell dw1830, but loses connection after a few minutes. I think this may be the issue causing "unlock with Apple Watch" to hang and not unlock laptop

@Mrgeque,

The Apple watch uses the BT-LE (Bluetooth Low Energy) protocol to communicate with a Mac so you could try installing Lilu + BT4LEContinuityFixup plugin which patches MacOS on a Hackintosh to ensure BT-LE is working correctly.

Worth a shot ....

Cheers
Jay

@Mrgeque,

The Apple watch uses the BT-LE (Bluetooth Low Energy) protocol to communicate with a Mac so you could try installing Lilu + BT4LEContinuityFixup plugin which patches MacOS on a Hackintosh to ensure BT-LE is working correctly.

Worth a shot ....

Cheers
Jay
thanks for your reply @jaymonkey. I'm using Lilu and bT4LE. im able to enable unlock with Apple Watch but just not able to unlock my hack with Apple Watch

thanks for your reply @jaymonkey. I'm using Lilu and bT4LE. im able to enable unlock with Apple Watch but just not able to unlock my hack with Apple Watch

@Mrgeque,

Understood,

About the only other tip I know that can effect Apple Watch is to ensure that you disable "Wake For Network Access" in System Preferences > Energy Saver, this cause MacOS not to deep sleep the BT/WiFi card so it should not loose its connection to the Apple Watch.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back