Contribute
Register

Apple to refresh entire Mac line-up bar iMacs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/new- ... aked-by-a/

New MacBook Air, new MacBook Pro's and New Mac Pro if that's anything to go by...

It looks like the base price for the MacBook Pro is set to increase as well, by about A$300 which is about US$275...

The MacBook Air is up A$500 and I would guess it'll use the new Core i based ULV processors.

The Mac Pro's are going up in price by a whopping A$900, so I guess Apple is going six core or nothing then...

The MacBook is a bit more uncertain, unless Apple is keeping the same design and pricing.

Those are some hefty price tags o_O Where lies the value? What exactly are you paying for?

swedish_meatball said:
Those are some hefty price tags o_O Where lies the value? What exactly are you paying for?

I think it's bogus- some kind of currency exchange thing. There's no way Apple would choose this moment to dramatically raise prices on every mac. That's just silly. Especially with Windows 7 going strong. :crazy:

[url=http://www.macrumors.com/2010/03/17/apple-advertising-snafu-in-australia-and-new-zealand-leads-to-confusion-over-possible-price-increases/ said:
MacRumors[/url]]The real story appears to be, however, that Apple has mistakenly included old pricing on its site and in its advertising in these countries. Last October, alongside a slew of product updates including the iMac, Apple also reduced prices on its MacBook Pro and MacBook Air lines in some countries. For example, in Australia, Apple dropped the entry-level MacBook Pro to A$1599 from A$1899 and the entry-level MacBook Air from A$2399 to A$1999. These are same price points appearing in conflict on Apple's site and ads at this time, strongly suggesting that the issue is simply a mistaken use of outdated graphics with incorrect prices.

Apple similarly introduced the Mac Pro in Australia in March 2009 with an entry-level price point of A$4499, as shown in the advertising images currently being seen on Apple's site and elsewhere. The prices were, however, dropped to begin at A$3599, apparently in December when Apple slightly tweaked build-to-order options on the Mac Pro.

We still continue to expect updates to Apple's MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro models in the relatively near future, and while the new inconsistencies on Apple's site and advertising banners may be an error made as the company prepares some tweaks for an imminent release, the new images appear to reflect outdated rather than upcoming pricing.

Looks like it's just an advertising mixup. No cause for alarm (about pricing, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back