GTS450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I want to ask about Apple store gift card, is it name locked ? do they write who can use it on the card?

I want to send it to someone else to use it instead of me.

Thanks

No, you shouldn't have any difficulty. They are treated like cash, lose em they're gone, give em away if you like. (As long as you are not talking about an iTunes or App Store card, those are locked once you use the code.)

No, you shouldn't have any difficulty. They are treated like cash, lose em they're gone, give em away if you like. (As long as you are not talking about an iTunes or App Store card, those are locked once you use the code.)

Thank you StBilyumChill, it's a silver/grey card with apple logo on it.

Would you happen to know if it can be used at official apple stores outside USA too or just inside USA ?

US only, here is the excerpt from http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html:

"Apple Gift Cards are issued and managed by Apple Value Services, LLC and can be applied only to purchases from an Apple Retail Store, the Apple Online Store, or the Apple Contact Center in the U.S. Gift Cards may not be redeemed at the iTunes Store, at any Apple resellers, for cash (except as required by law), or for shipments outside the U.S. Neither the issuer nor Apple is responsible for any lost or stolen gift cards or use without your permission. Keep them close; they’re valuable and can be redeemed by whoever finds them."

US only, here is the excerpt from http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_us.html:

"Apple Gift Cards are issued and managed by Apple Value Services, LLC and can be applied only to purchases from an Apple Retail Store, the Apple Online Store, or the Apple Contact Center in the U.S. Gift Cards may not be redeemed at the iTunes Store, at any Apple resellers, for cash (except as required by law), or for shipments outside the U.S. Neither the issuer nor Apple is responsible for any lost or stolen gift cards or use without your permission. Keep them close; they’re valuable and can be redeemed by whoever finds them."

I read this before asking but I wanted to ask people who have experience in this, English is not my first language but I see them saying "an" Apple retail store and "the" apple contact center in the U.S., I understand that sentence as: there is only contact centers in USA, and Apple Retail store is anywhere in the world, well I also contacted a local reseller after this post and he said they accept Apple Retail Store and they even only use US dollar in their pricing, that's weird, maybe I should ask apple, if I can manage to do that.

Thanks for the help :thumbup:

This is the line that makes me think no: "or for shipments outside the U.S." but I would call the store you are buying from and the store the friend/family member might use it at and get approval from both places. I am an ex-retail employee of a US store and what I CAN promise you is the policy they have where if they don't know they ask. So if the person you talk to doesn't know they should ask a manager who will ask some internal services or something and will get you a real answer. Hope I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back