Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
In which point does ms innovate more ? The last updates they threw out were pretty useless , new emohies wooo etc ...

In my Opinions those are some great signals from Apple. Before you innovate you need a stable and perfect System. High Sierra and especially IOS 11 were full of bugs and problems. The best system is a working system and thats exactly what they're aiming this year.

Wonder if they got rid of the USB 15-port limit yet...

So I am guessing that we are going to be upgrade without to much hassle ??

From what I've seen, Mojave has less under the hood changes than High Sierra, which completely changed the graphic subsystem from OpenGL to Metal and they also changed the way HID works (that's why Wacom was having issues with their drivers for months). This is why 10.13 initial release was super buggy. Not to mention APFS which is a HUGE system change to a major OS.

It seems macOS 10.14 and iOS 12 are mostly performance improvements with some decent features like Dark Mode (which I am happy about to be honest).

I am just happy that Apple is taking eGPU seriously, which they talked about during the Keynote and posted performance stats. This is great for anyone who always hated the way Apple looks at GPUs in general.

I am also hoping that Apple starts "officially" supporting NVIDIA, maybe through drivers they can write internally or even better work directly with NVIDIA to make good drivers.

Last edited:
I am also hoping that Apple starts "officially" supporting NVIDIA, maybe through drivers they can write internally or even better work directly with NVIDIA to make good drivers.

That will not happen, sadly.

That will not happen, sadly.

I said I am "hoping"...and I quoted "officially".

But knowing that Apple has issues with NVIDIA as a company, they probably won't.

But would be nice if they would be more open to supporting them officially since eGPU is officially part of macOS now and not some workaround.

We knew this YEARS ago, for absolute fact. When you listen to all these "rumours" you'll start to believe almost anything.
How many times did Steve Jobs deny Apple was working on a phone back in the mid 2000s ? Switching from power PC chips to Intel ? Because the CEO says they won't do something doesn't mean they never will. I certainly hope they never merge iOS and macOS as it would be a disaster and very bad for anyone that uses a Mac.

I guess this is the end of hackintosh for me :'(

My desktop is a P55 with an i5 760 and I use iMac11,3 SMBIOS which matches it perfectly, so no go.

My laptop is an i5-2430M and use MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS that also matches perfectly.

There's no sight of getting new hardware anytime soon, so I'll stay in High Sierra.

Thanks for everything TonyMac and the rest of you guys, because I've learned a lot from you since the Leopard days that I started hackintoshing.

Cheers!
I guess it was a good run for you, my friend. If you'll be upgrading your hardware, then I hope to see you hackintoshing again.

Does the announcement affect the whole "The-end-of-hackintoshing-is-near" situation at all? Any new clues? I really can't decide for myself.

Does the announcement affect the whole "The-end-of-hackintoshing-is-near" situation at all? Any new clues? I really can't decide for myself.
There will only be "the end" when people give up trying or when Apple phases out Macs and macOS and only makes i devices.

Last edited:
Yes, I used this version of FakeSMC.
But I used an older version of Clover Bootloader because the most recent versions show no boot options for some reason.
I got the newest version of Clover and i got exactly the same issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back