Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you renaming you're Pen Drive as USB?
No, that is the example from the tutorial posted by Tony to make the installation usb drive for beta, I posted there as an example. When I tried the command posted in this tread, on Terminal I got a reply to compose a command that was similar to that one.

No, that is the example from the tutorial posted by Tony to make the installation usb drive for beta, I posted there as an example. When I tried the command posted in this tread, on Terminal I got a reply to compose a command that was similar to that one.

You need to make sure that your USB Pen drive is name as USB or it won't work. Hence why you have /Volumes/USB. For example if you call you're Pen drive Sierra then it would be /Volumes/Sierra.

Dud?
Running MacOS Sierra Beta 7
1. Downloaded MacOS Sierra GM redeeming the code
2. Made a backup
3. Cloned the drive
4. Restarted and switched to the cloned drive
5. Initiated install on the cloned drive. Started OK and took few minutes to the first reset point
6. ON reset, it seemed to start the install but then broke off after a minute (the bar at around 5%, no messages) or so and then started up as Beta 7 (build code didn't change)
Is running fine, as if nothing happened.
Any ides here?

P.S. Tried again, and behavior is the same as described above...
Make sure you choose the correct icon upon startup in clover.... Choose the Install from.......

Oops yeah indeed: (I always start with 'sudo -s')

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Sierra is running fine here BTW, apart from the Nvidia GTX 750 Ti transparency problem, which I fixed with Accessibility->Display->'Reduce Transparency'

Hopefully it's fixed with the next driver release
Thank you, this was the right command. It worked.

gold master no update available. how to check ?

Works fine on my desktop. Intel DH67BL. Installing via the app. Put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Boot without cache job done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
Works fine on my desktop. Intel DH67BL. Installing via the app. Put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Boot without cache job done.

Just installed :).

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 15.04.59.png

Please list the kexts that you put in .../Other. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back