Graphics
HD3k & Radeon 6450M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, today i did some thinking and after a while I figured that if the Lion is so well on our machines, and i can play, work, do all the stuff on Mac then the only thing i wanted is to have the apple on the back of my screen.

So we start with that (iPod sticker? pretty lame for me)

These are Your best friends.

Remove the part of interest (its glued pretty hard and best way to do it is actually disassemble display)

And prepare for cutting

Everything went smoothly without any F word and we get:

Now place some white plastic on the inside, glue everything back together, and enjoy, the Logo is lit by LCD backlight, it looks great. sadly I don't have warranty anymore, but i think that display case is cheap and I could always put original back.

Result (sorry for quality)

Hope You like it :D

Re: Apple ProBook 4530s

very nice work, could you be a bit more detailed with the process, like possibly the removal of the back panel and maybe explain the cutting process, tools.. prep etc

thank you :thumbup: :D

kyron said:
very nice work, could you be a bit more detailed with the process, like possibly the removal of the back panel and maybe explain the cutting process, tools.. prep etc

thank you :thumbup: :D

To remove the panel I disassembled the whole screen: unscrewed 2 screws at the bottom part of the rim, prayed the rim out and unscrewed the LCD panel, then I removed the webcam cable (it is sticked to the panel), later using a knife (more like a razor blade) have lift the panel and carefully run around the edges to remove it (the glue is pretty solid so it takes a while) after i got my panel out i just prepared a logo on piece of paper, measured (I wanted it in center lol) and glued it to the panel. First cuts were made with dremel and steel cutting tip (just a basic shape,far from the outline so You won't need to cry coz You cut too much) later i used files to finish the shape, some corrections and voila.
After that you just need a piece of white semi-transparent plastic, stick it on the inside of the panel, and put everything together, You might need to move the webcam cable from the center so it won't be visible thru the logo. Thats it! :D

Whole process took me something around 3 hours, finishing the shape most of it :)

One more pic, as i realized that there is only one blurry :D

The warranty isn't voided if you just buy a replacement top.

Can you share video about this guide! Thank so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back