Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I am trying to install OSX Mavericks on my machine, the motherboard is a z87-g43by MSI, and my GPU is an Asus 770gtx. I boot from the USB I created fine, and I choose "usb". The screen goes black, then it goes white with an apple logo for less than a second, and then my PC reboots. Any idea what's going on? I tried -x, -v, and all the rest of the flags in the tutorial with no luck.

so I have stumbled upon this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-os-x-10-8-5-onto-haswell-msi-z87m-g43-3.html

It seems I need to patch my bios. The author of that guide links to a tool called PMPatch but it is no longer avaliable because it is obsolete according to the tool creator. He has a new updated tool called UEFIpatch found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285444-uefipatch-uefi-patching-utility/

I am not sure what I need to do with this tool, and I am wary to just try anything because I do not want to brick my motherboard. Please help! :D

If I understand you correctly, you are attempting to install OSX Mavericks via USB at the moment. You should follow the instructions below:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

No need to patch your BIOS during this process, if at all. Though you want to check your BIOS settings per Step 3 of instructions.

After that you can focus on the boot flags and -v (verbose to give you an idea of where the system is hanging)

Based on you graphics card GraphicsEnabler=No which is the default if you're using the latest versions of Unibeast and Multibeast.

Edit: From Neil's guide -On the MSI-Z87M-G43 motherboard boot to the USB installer from a USB 2.0 port. Use the F11 key as needed to select the USB installer. Use this command argument: "-v ncpi=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 dart=0" without the quotes.

I actually did manage to get it installed last night. :) I did this before I saw your post badkarma, so I will document what I did here for future use:

I used UEFIPatch 0.2.0 to patch a stock bios file for the z87-g43 gaming motherboard (the latest version). You run UEFIPatch through cmd, the command is UEFIPatch [stockbios]. It will patch it and give you a file called [stockbios].patched. I just renamed it patched so I could keep track of it easier.

This motherboard lets you boot from a bios off of a USB key, so that saved me from writing over my exsisting bios. I really wanted to avoid doing that if necessary because I have had flashes go bad before, it was a bad experience lol.

After booting up from the patched bios, I booted from the 2nd usb I created with the Mavericks install on it, I didn't use any flags at all and it installed quite happily.

Issues:My network and sound do not appear to be working, it's most likely a driver issue. I'll see if I can figure it out later, I have to get going for now. If anyone has any idea how to get them working, please let me know.. my NIC is a Killer E2205, and my onboard sound is a Realtek ALC 1150 Codec, if that helps. Thank you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back