Contribute
Register

Apple Issues Special OS X 10.8.2 Update for New Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Apple Issues Special OS X 10.8.2 Update for New Macs

@tonyd

Can you post your smbios.plist or profile details? Just changing to macmini6,2 wont allow the installer to start. I get the following alert:

This software is not supported on your system.

Thanks,

-Mrengles

I was able to load this update by changing the profile to a macmini6,2, App Store found the update which only ran when I downloaded that app directly from Apple.

It killed the trim support and audio, but that was fixed quickly by reapplying the fixes from Multibeast 5.1.2. Otherwise I noticed it loads osx slightly quicker, I see nothing in the disk utility that is different.

I then reverted the OSX personality to MacPro3,1 and am seeing Geekbench scores of 16333

Booting is using UEFI Clover version but Chameleon offers similar but slightly lower geekbench

Thanks TM for the info

After changing the Clover SMBIOS section of the config.plist to Macmini6,2, the biosdate to today and the <key>SMbiosversion</key><string>MM62.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>, the Apps store saw the update, but it would not download, I used the link in TM's message to download the update from Apple, and it downloaded and installed fine. I now see the build as 10.8.2 12C2034.

People are interested in Fusion, I notice that Fusion is an option when ordering the new Mac mini.

[h=3]Hard Drive[/h]Configure your Mac mini with a large Serial ATA hard drive. Or choose a solid-state drive for greater performance. Or get the best of both worlds and select Fusion Drive.

Learn more(Hard Drive)
  • 1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
  • 1TB Fusion Drive [Add S$ 350.00]
  • 256GB Solid State Drive [Add S$ 420.00]

Seems odd is it a special type of hybrid drive????

Guys, I think the fusion drivers just slipped in under our noses. I ran a diff on the /System/Library/Extensions on the update pkg and normal 10.8.2 and I found this.

Only in /System/Library/Extensions/: AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext.

Thus, it has been here since at least 10.8.2 normal

This is the driver for LSI SAS/SATA Hostbus adapters/controllers. The architecture for the chip is called "Fusion MPT". A bit misleading though ;-).

I just downloaded the file from the link above. When I try to install the pkg file, writes to me that the system is not supported.

I also changed smbios.plist:

<dict>
<key> SMfamily </ key>
<string> iMac </ string>
<key> SMproductname </ key>
<string> iMac13, 2 ​​</ string>
<key> SMboardproduct </ key>
<string> Mac-942B59F58194171B </ string>
<key> SMserial </ key>
<string> C02FT7U2DHJP </ string>
<key> SMbiosversion </ key>
<string> MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com </ string>
</ dict>

May depend on the Serial?

I just downloaded the file from the link above. When I try to install the pkg file, writes to me that the system is not supported.
May depend on the Serial?

Try rebooting with that config- OS X needs to think that you are using one of those machines- check out tonyd's comment above.

Here are some detail about fusion drive:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6406/understanding-apples-fusion-drive

Anyone know how to enable fusion drive on a osx86 computer with an SSD and HDD installed? I am really interested in using this feature......

After changing the Clover SMBIOS section of the config.plist to Macmini6,2, the biosdate to today and the <key>SMbiosversion</key><string>MM62.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>, the Apps store saw the update, but it would not download, I used the link in TM's message to download the update from Apple, and it downloaded and installed fine. I now see the build as 10.8.2 12C2034.

People are interested in Fusion, I notice that Fusion is an option when ordering the new Mac mini.

[h=3]Hard Drive[/h]Configure your Mac mini with a large Serial ATA hard drive. Or choose a solid-state drive for greater performance. Or get the best of both worlds and select Fusion Drive.

Learn more(Hard Drive)
  • 1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
  • 1TB Fusion Drive [Add S$ 350.00]
  • 256GB Solid State Drive [Add S$ 420.00]

Seems odd is it a special type of hybrid drive????

If anyone can please post a full SMBios file that works with this update (Chimera boot) it would help a lot. I can not get this to work with the suggestions posted till now. Also, maybe Tony can hint to when Multibeast gets updated with the new system definitions....

Thanks for all the help

Updating right now ;)

Works like charm , thank you Tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back