Contribute
Register

Apple issues OS X 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 Supplemental Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
White screen on boot, past the Apple logo. Mouse cursor appears in the upper left of the display, but the Desktop never loads behind it. If I reset the computer, it seems to boot just fine. I had a similar problem with 10.8.1, but 10.8.2 and disabling vt-d on my motherboard seemed to fix it. Now it's back with this update. Anyone else?

i7 3770 / GA-Z77-DS3h / ASUS Radeon HD 6870

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH + EVGA GTX670 SC+ 4Go. Update with App Store. OK

No multibeast required

Article: Apple issues OS X 10.8.2 and 10.7.5 Supplemental Updates

I had a lapse in judgment and updated this the normal App Store way (I use 3 other real Mac at work and home, so lapse in judgment). I got a boot loop.

I had to boot into my emergency Snow Leopard drive to re-run MultiBeast, as I (obviously) wasn't able to boot after the install. I wasn't able to boot into the UniBeast USB drive, then load my boot drive like one does after a fresh install. (which was odd). It kept loading to a black screen after the BIOS process. I'll redo my UniBeast USB to see if it fixes it.

See my signature for Hardware details.

Everithing is fine after update ... Gygabyte EP45-DS3 / Radeon HD 6xxx

After upgrading from 10.8.2 to 10.8.2-update, I lost my mouse and keyboard, it boot to the login screen, no problem graphic ok, but I am stuck here with no mouse and keboard, only the cursor in the password field is blinking.
10.8 was working very well for me (Dell XPS studio 9000, i7 12g, gtx560), except some crash in skype since 10.8.2.
Should I wait for 10.8.3 ?

10.8.2 update on GA-Z68XP-UD4 lost preferences for desktop background and mouse scrolling otherwise it seems ok (user accounts on separate HD from OS)

No problem, downloaded, install, reboot, no need to run Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back