i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Here is something thats been bugging me for a while. I know there are better alternatives but i'm a bit fussy about everything on my Hack functioning as it should. Trying to use apple's built in dvd software would induce this error 'There was an initialisation error -The operation is not currently supported [-70014]'. Here is the cure I found on my Hack and now all is as it should be. Among the switchgear buttons on the motherboard is a 'Turbo Boost' button, this must be in the off position (Default) to enable Apple's DVD player program to work. I've tested this over and over and it is definitely the culprit thats throwing up that particular error. If you don't have this kind of switchgear on your board and you are getting this error, maybe its a setting in your BIOS - Set it to default.
Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

Thanks so much this was driving me crazy. I turned off turbo button and after 2 months of trying to fix this it finally works. I would of never of thought this would be the problem.
Great work!!!

Thanks so much this was driving me crazy. I turned off turbo button and after 2 months of trying to fix this it finally works. I would of never of thought this would be the problem.
Great work!!!

Glad To help and give something back to the community - I happened across the problem after o/c my processor to 5.0GHz and it was driving me nuts, whereas everything was working before. Now I've throttled back to 4.20GHz and all is well.

Awesome - fixed it for me, too. :thumbup:

I'd love to have my 4.4 overclock, but I'll settle for 4.2 with a working dvd drive.

Note: I didn't need to change any turboboost settings -- I simply downed my overclock to 4.2.

I found myself experiencing the issue of DVD Player not launching due to initialization error {-70014}.

On my system running High Sierra, I went to the CPU section and changed FrequencyMHz from 4400 to 4200 MHz.

Once I rebooted, DVD Player successfully launched!

Thank you all for sharing experiences, which thankfully - allowed me to do the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back