1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there,

I have my hack running and it´s inside a G4 PowerMac-Case. I´ve always wanted to buy an Apple Cinema HD Display (yes, the old one with the acrylics case). The other day i saw one on eBay for 50€, but one of the backlight-lamps is dead... Does anybody here have any experience in repairing ACDs/ the back-lighting?

Thanks,
Olli

Unless you're using a video card with the old ADC (Power Mac G4) connector, you're going to have to buy a $80 DVI->ADC converter box as well, so keep that in mind.

Unless you're using a video card with the old ADC (Power Mac G4) connector, you're going to have to buy a $80 DVI->ADC converter box as well, so keep that in mind.

That is not true sorry to throw you under the bus but I have successfully hacked my 20" apple cinema display. I had to re-wire the pinout for DVI which wasn't that hard but a pain. You also have to use a power block from a laptop to power the screen. It is honestly not worth the money to get the screen fixed. You should look into the Aluminum cinema displays. I promise you that you won't like the old cinema display very out dated. I have mine sitting under my bed and not getting any use. The backlight problem is common with those displays as well.

http://blog.shewu.me/2010/11/hacking-apple-studio-display.html

good luck
Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back