Contribute
Register

Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Chameleon. Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
josjev said:
Using a Apple BT chip (CSR, some others are Broadcom), my Keysonic KSK-3201 MacBT keyboard works in Chameleon after cold start and also wakes the computer from sleep (only tested within a few minutes from going to sleep), which makes me assume a Mac BT keyboard should work fine as well. I have as we speak 3 other Apple BT chips coming my way so I will be juggling around with these as well.

Awesome :).

My bluetooth is CSR. Do you know which BT chips are Broadcom?
Can't get my CSR recognised in Windows, but if I swap to Broadcom then thats more likely to work.

Just an update for anyone else:

I have purchased the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Mouse and it is working fine for selection options in chameleon and wake from sleep.

natdeamer said:
Just an update for anyone else:

I have purchased the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Mouse and it is working fine for selection options in chameleon and wake from sleep.

how did you do to work like that? I can't do =/

thanks

From my experiences, i can only get chameleon or chimera taking orders via a PS/2 keyboard. I've tried a few different USB keyboards, including the apple numerical keyboard, to no avail.

I'd suggest the $10 special.

Cw

Comewhatevermay said:
From my experiences, i can only get chameleon or chimera taking orders via a PS/2 keyboard. I've tried a few different USB keyboards, including the apple numerical keyboard, to no avail.

I'd suggest the $10 special.

Cw

I haven't gotten the Apple BT keyboard to work in Chimera. So I keep one of those cheap, crappy, rubber, roll-up keyboards-- plugged into the back of the computer, and hidden in my left desk drawer (with the Enter/Arrow keys pointing out). To choose another drive, I crack the drawer, hit an arrow key, and then hit enter. If I need to get into BIOS (which, AFAIK, no one has ever gotten an Apple BT keyboard to work in), the USB cord on the keyboard is long enough that I can simply pull it out of the drawer and put it on my desk.

I also keep a wired gaming mouse plugged into, and hidden behind, my ACD 27 LED display... for when I want to boot Win7 and play (I use my Apple BT keyboard for that too, but not my Magic Mouse).

I was using the Zoom USB unit, but found it would not work in 10.7.0. Changed to the Rocketfish RF-MRBTAD and although the wake from sleep is gray, I can wake using Macally BT keyboard or Magic Mouse. I have also tested using an Apple wireless keyboard with no problems.
Works in bios as well.
I do sometimes have a lag on the keyboard when waking from sleep after some time away, but after a keypress or two, it connects and works with no problems.
I haven't used a wired keyboard for a couple of months.
:thumbup:

natdeamer said:
josjev said:
Can't get my CSR recognised in Windows, but if I swap to Broadcom then thats more likely to work.

Use the bootcamp drivers from your retail disc for Windows. Then check Device Manager and if it says 'Microsoft Bluetooth' instead of Apple, then reload the driver and tell it to allow signatures that aren't MS for this device.

Additionally, you might want to unpair all your bt devices in OSX, then pair them in windows - afterwards they should be paired to the device no matter which OS you boot into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back