Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So we're kind of still waiting for Apple's gaming renaissance to kick off really, I'm sure in the background there are a lot of people on their backsides going blah, blah, blah to each other!. With the unfortunate loss of 6,500 within the game industry this year, now would be a good time for Apple to make that 'BIG' acquisition and for small developers to show us what the Mac is capable of.

I built my first Hackintosh (in 2014) only because I wanted to play Cyan's video games on a "Mac." Similarly, I continued building three more of them through 2019, trying to keep up with both game technology and the Mac OS's lack of backward compatibility with older apps. "Obduction" was written for Sierra+, "Firmament" was written for Ventura+, Myst IV, V, and Uru will not play on anything later than Mojave, etc. Now I've been forced to move to Windows 10/11 to play the latest games on small-box Mini-ITX computers because Mac OS doesn't support single-slot graphics cards of sufficient power like the AMD RX 6400.

Thanks for the "Stray" review... very enjoyable!

I am not a huge gamer but the one game I play preforms better on M3 Max and the M2 Max then it did on the hack. Also my rendering software Twin Motion is based on Unreal thus totally game based also works better. While the apple GPU does not have the same through put it somehow still is out preforming the 6900xt at least in my use case.

What game, if you don't mind?
World of Warcraft so not some super high end game. However, it has been ported to run native on ARM. That said Twinmotion is still an intel based Mac Software and exporting images from the live render runs on average about 40 seconds faster per still picture and about 2 mins faster on a 60 second video. If and when Epic updates Twinmotion to ARM and to take advantage of all the encoder/decoders apple has put into the system. I expect further improvements. As is when apple added game mode it helped out the software run better while not huge leaps it was still an improvement.

Back