Motherboard
Deii Latitude E7470
CPU
i7-6600U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I have successfully installed macOS 10.13.6 with Opencore and everything works flawlessly expect audio. I am using appleALC with layout 11 for my ADI1984 onboard audio. However when I try boot it gets stuck at this:

Code:
busy timeout [0], (60s): 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' ,
busy timeout [1], (60s): 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' ,
busy timeout [2], (60s): 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' ,
busy timeout [3], (60s): 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' , 'IOHDACodecFucntion' ,

Eventually the system boots after 4-5 minutes and the sound is working fine except some weird distortion. For instance if I go to system preferences > sound > sound effects and try to play a sound the first time It will have this buzzing. If I click the same sound effect continuously for 3 or more times, the audio is perfect. (I have attached a recording of the distortion) I am sure its not my speakers that are causing this,
because with windows it works fine.

I guess the delay occurs because AppleHDA fails to match my HDMI ports and get GPU audio (or something similar, I am not sure). I have no clue why the sound is distorted since it comes from my onboard card. Note that even with VoodooHDA the distortion existed but I had no delay. When I used clover though, voodoohda worked perfectly.

Can someone tell me how to fix the delay and the distortion? I don't really care about HDMI audio, only the delay concerns me.

I can upload my EFI or IOREG if that helps.

My specs are:
Dell Optiplex 330
Intel Xeon E3120 (wolfdale)
4GB DDR2
MSI GT 210

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Sound distortion.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 34
Incase anyone has the same problem. I have fixed the boot delay but the sound distortion still exists. I just used an old applealc version (1.2.8). I attached the kext. It is untouched.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    672.1 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back