Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Anyone know how to get Apple A1181 Macbook Bluetooth module working under Windows 7 x64?

I am dual booting my Hackintosh, OSX 10.8.3 works a treat, Bluetooth running perfectly!

For the life of me, I don't know how to get it working when I boot the machine into Windows 7 x64.

What drivers, what bluetooth software etc? Anyone got an easy to follow guide on how to set it up?

Cheers

You need the bootcamp drivers for windows.

Please elaborate. I tried the bootcamp drivers, it appeared to install the driver, but nothing is seen in device manager and there is no bluetooth manager.

any ideas?

Sorry to necro this, but since no resolution was posted to this thread, and I can't find another thread with the same problem this seems easier.

I'm in the same situation the OP is/was. My hack has an Apple A1181 bluetooth module wired up to an internal USB header. Under OSX it works great. Under Win7 there are no unknown devices in the Device Manager, and the current Bootcamp drivers will not install due to them not being able to find the bluetooth adapter installed in the system. I've tried manually installing the driver and I get nowhere.

After digging through the Device Manger's list of USB devices, I finally found the device I *think* is the Bluetooth adapter, but it's listed as a Microsoft USB Composite Device (I think, going off of memory since I'm at work). I've even tried to force Windows to identify that device as the Apple Bluetooth module by editing the driver info files, but all I get is an error that the device cannot start.

Any help would be appreciated. This is kinda keeping me from being able to use the Win7 side of my hack for anything.

(Out of curiosity, if I intend to throw in a Linux partition, will I have similar problems there as well?)

What bootcamp drivers are you guys using? Don't use the newest 5.0 ones as those hav no support for those old BT modules, use 4.0 or earlier.

That could be it! I had no idea they changed support in the newer bootcamp installs. Where's the best place to find the old bootcamp installers/files?

The problem is the newest Bootcamp 5.0 is for Win8 and the old Mac Pro 1,1/2,1/3,1 that that BT module is from don't officially support Win8 so they dropped the drivers for those models meaning they removed the drivers from bootcamp.

Thanks for the knowledge. After tracking down Bootcamp 4, I finally got my bluetooth module to be recognized by Win7. As a bonus tip for anybody else that stumbles across this, remove your bluetooth devices from OSX before trying to add them to Windows. I couldn't get anything to connect at all until I did that, and after it worked like a charm.

Apple A1181 Macbook sound not coming out under Windows 7 x64

hi.
my own problem is the audio sound is not coming out and i have tried to install all versions of Bootcamp but still no sound.
the worse thing about it is that, in the device manager it shows "Realtek high definition audio" installed.
i have tried to update it to its latest version and it still no sound. i have also tried to install windows 7 32bit but still nothing.
please if any one have an ideal, i will be so glad......

Hi,
I know the last post from this post is about 1 year old but I am having a little problem and I couldn't find an answer to it anywhere. So my problem is that since I have a relatively small HDD, I can't affrod to dual boot so when I get bored of Windows I install OS X. Recently I bought an Apple Magic Trackpad and have been using it with my DIY apple bluetooth module thingy (a1181). Currently I am on Windows and I am trying to make this work. Unfortunately I forgot to disconnect my magic trackpad from that installation and now I can't use it. Bluetooth works fine but when I try to connect my MT it says: "Try again, and make sure your mouse is still discoverable" and then if I try to make it discoverable again it won't show in the bluetooth panel.
Is there any way I can fix this w/o installing OS X? If no, will installing OS X and connecting the trackpad to that installation, then disconnecting and connecting in it Windows fix my problem?

P.S I tried multiple versions of the bootcamp driver for the MT but none really worked. Also, in the MT Control Panel app it says that the driver isn't installed (I emailed them aswell)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back