XFX HD-687A-ZDFC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated form a 5770 to a 6870 for a new ACD, everything went without any issues with Lion 10.7.2 along with Chimera 1.6.0 connected to mini display port, I connected the USB & the Web cam works along with display speakers, only issue has to do with the cable length being to short but that will be fixed with Dr. Bott Mini DisplayPort Monitor Extension Cable.

(GraphicsEnabler yes was already chosen I haven't tested the other display ports yet)

:thumbup:

Thanks for posting this lump!

I've been looking into upgrading my gfx card for a while.
Have you had any graphical issues with real time 3d stuff?

I'm currently rocking an Apple ATI 5770 card. Unity has some stuttering issues and with vertical sync. Last time I checked Portal 2 was still a mess (totally blown out, crazy glitchy). That said OPEN GL in software like C4D and ZBrush has always been solid. I've always simply blamed Apple's crappy OPEN GL drivers.

It would rock to have solid real time 3d gfx :headbang:

Hello, lump.

Great news! I´m looking foward to buy one of these 27´ACDs myself, and would like to know it´s behavior under windows 7. I´ve got the same GPU.

Thanks!

Marcelo

I haven't done any 3D stuff or run Windows, but so far its been a great combo.

lump said:
Updated [...] to a 6870 [...] everything went without any issues with Lion 10.7.2 along with Chimera 1.6.0 connected to mini display port [...] works along with display speakers

Lump,

Noob question here regarding displayport... never used it.

Do your audio goes through displayport cable without any DSDT or framebuffer edit as needed to get HDMI audio?
I've the same card installed the same way but using DVI + 3,5mm stereo Jack out of the mobo.
If I buy a minidisplayport cable (my monitor supports it and have speakers too) I can connect the video card to my monitor and get audio as well?

Thanks in advance.

ACD connected to the mini display port & USB handles Audio, webcam etc...(plug & play)

Just the other day I ran HDMI to my TV but saw that HDMI audio wasn't worth the hassle so I use headphones for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back