Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My other post was crappy. Here's a re-edited version:

Like many others in this forum, I'm having trouble signing in to the App Store.

Heres what I've tried:

PCIRootUID=1 (Causes endless PCI Config)
Deleted Networkinterfaces.plist & network configurations.
Disabled onboard LAN via BIOS

I'm using a Linksys WMP300N (Broadcom) PCI wireless adapter, with full airport support via kext editing.

I have no en0 or en1 as an option in Network interfaces.. any help?

bump...

Either my questions are too hard or no one seems to see my post...

I don't find it very fair that the person ahead of me received 22 posts on the same subject.
That said, none of the suggestions displayed in the aforementioned post helped.

I have had the same problem with not being to log into App Store even though I have an active Apple ID. I have tried PCIRootUID=1, and tried deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and com.apple.network.identification.plist but it did not work for me. Here's how I finally fixed it:

1) Ran EFIstudio and extracted my ethernet device's EFI string.

2) Saved resulting XML file to a text-only file, and then clicked "write to com.apple.Boot.plist". Take note that this is the com.apple.Boot.plist that is in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, not the one in /Extra/. Put aside the ethernet XML file for later.

3) Since I use an EFI string to run my 9600 GT as well, I also extracted the EFI string into another XML file by using OSX86Tools.

3) Spliced both XML files, then imported the resulting file into OSX86Tools again to create the Hex code.

4) Edited com.apple.Boot.plist that is the /Extra/ folder, and under <key>device-properties</key>, I replaced my old videocard only Hex code with the combined video-card+ethernet Hex code.

5) Go to System Preferences/Network, and delete all the devices on the left pane.

6) Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot.

7) Once rebooted, go back to System Preferences/Network, and start adding devices again. Make sure you add Ethernet first, followed by WiFi (if you use WiFi as well) and all the other devices in there. You should be able to get into the App Store.

To sum up your post, your saying I should install a kext / efi string to enable my Ethernet?

Im going to deviate from the directions a bit, because im running a GTS 240, which by default is supported.

I've never noticed a En0 or En1 network interface... And it seems this is the root of the problem.

I'll try lnx2mac's driver and see how it goes.
If that doesn't work, I'll try the Ethernet efi string.

Thank you so much!

Update:

Installing Lnx2Mac's Realtek 81111D(L) driver made en1 show up on the list of networks.

Still receiving an error..

Perhaps seeing if PCIRootUID=0 or 1 will make it work. (Though, im sure its already at 0)

Anyone have any news to shed light on this problem?

2nd update:

It seems App Store doesn't like it when you use a En0 slot for internet connection...

My airport card is on slot 0 it seems (according to com.apple.network.identification.plist)
PCIRootUID=1 has not fixed this. Any ideas?

Baruy said:
Instead of PCIRootUID, why don't you try:

<key>PCIRoot</key>
<string>1</string>

Some people got App store working with this one.

Ill attempt it.., but youd think itd just be the same as PCIRootUID=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back