Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.

Did a few searches around and couldn't find anything of this particular nature, and I'm not even sure if it's an OS X bug itself or whether it's Hackintosh-specific.

My App Store works fine in regards to purchasing and downloading apps. No problem there, I'm able to sign in without any issues ever occurring. However, after a quit of the App Store, it doesn't show my apps as actually being installed. They're still in my account, it definitely knows I've purchased them, but it doesn't notice them as installed, and therefore, app updates don't even show as being available.

I just have a lovely list of apps with "Install" as the option to select. If I run an install on an app, it goes perfectly, and then shows as Installed. However, if I tab over to, say, the Updates panel, and then go back to Purchases, it goes back to thinking it's not installed.

I've tried trashing everything related to the App Store in ~/Library/Caches/, even tried removing the ~/Library/Preferences/ files for it, but still no luck.
All of my App Store purchases show in /private/var/db/receipts, too. Also ran a Repair Disk Permissions in the hopes that that would find something to fix up, but no luck with any of those.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm running 10.8.2.

Nevermind! Sorted it out, made a rookie mistake in not troubleshooting thoroughly. Rebooted in -x, worked great there, and then worked great in normal mode once I restarted. No changed made to anything, looks like something just got stuck.

Hopefully this helps someone later on!

Nevermind! Sorted it out, made a rookie mistake in not troubleshooting thoroughly. Rebooted in -x, worked great there, and then worked great in normal mode once I restarted. No changed made to anything, looks like something just got stuck.

Hopefully this helps someone later on!

Hi,

I'm dealing with the very same problem. I followed your advice and booted with -x and App Store was working fine there, however, after booting to normal mode again App Store still shows the behaviour you described in the first post.

Has anybody else faced this problem or has an idea to fix it?

Thanks, Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back