Contribute
Register

App Store Not Allowing me to Purchase Lion after logging In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and also tried changing my appleID password. iTunes store is fine but mac app store refuses to let me download anything. Help?

more information:

Console says this:

7/22/11 11:03:56.280 PM com.apple.SecurityServer: Failed to authorize right 'system.install.software' by client '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PackageKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/installd' [492] for authorization created by '/Applications/App Store.app' [514]

when i try to update one of my purchased apps.

Does that help?

Another piece of the puzzle:

I changed ethernet drivers to the official realtek driver from lnx2mac's driver in multi beast. When I rebooted, I realized I forgot I had forgotten to add the device property string in com.apple.boot.plist for my second video card. But while running with only one screen - mac app store worked!! Unfortunately, when I put the device property string back into com.apple.boot.plist, the mac app store stopped working again. ARGH!!!

I hope this information helps someone try to fix the problem. I am stumped.

Celestial said:
I had the same problem...check your \Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist file. The following two lines should be in there:

<key>PCIRootUID=</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If not add them, If you find the "PCIRootUID" key/value in the entires below REMOVE IT
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1</string>

Reboot and try again.

If that does not work you will have to go to \Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration
In this directory remove/copy the NetworkInterfaces.plist to your desktop and reboot.

The problem is there is a mismatch in the device order of the network card. It should be "en0" and "BuiltIn". If that does not work, remove the file again then go to System Preferences and remove all network interface cards, reboot and add them back.

Hope this helps...this is not my fix but our realtek network guru/driver creator whose tag i do not wish to bastardize by spelling wrong.

Deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting fixed the app store for me. Thank you!

Had this issue as well, I had to remove my wireless N usb adapter,
install the Realtek network adapter from Multibeast then reboot.

Some reason it did not work with the wireless adapter .

Spending too much in the store, probably should have left it not working :)

Shelby said:
You may need to do a couple things.

1. Run Multibeast and change the system definitions under Mac Pro to MacPro 3,1.
2. Run Multibeast System Utilities, rebuild caches and repair permissions.
3. Download the latest Multibeast and update your Bootloader to Chimera v1.4.1 r877
- (this is the step that worked for me.)

Hope that helps.

Thanks Shelby! This fixed the issue for me. Looks like installing the Bootloader did it. Messing with the Boot.plist alone did not help.

i believe there's a problem with 10.6.8. I reinstalled snow leopard and downloaded 10.6.7 combo update. The App store worked fine. It allowed me to sign in. When I updated to 10.6.8 that's when this problem started to occur again. I'll try the fix that you posted let's see what happens.

pacoflaco said:
Me too, i cant connect to mac sotre

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

adding this string to your com.apple.boot.plist solves the problem.

Celestial said:
I had the same problem...check your \Extra\com.apple.Boot.plist file. The following two lines should be in there:

<key>PCIRootUID=</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Thanks, I had tried the PCIRootUID per a different thread and it still wasn't working. Also enabling EthernetBuiltIn fixed it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back