Motherboard
Gigabyte H77-DS3H-F10
CPU
i5-5430
Graphics
GT 430
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
So about 6 months ago i installed Mavericks on the family pc. I was a way and when i came back it worked ike crap...Anyway, i still had the unibeast created usb and re installed mavericks, all went fine, even updated. Now that Yosemite is out i wanted to try it. Went to the appstore to download it and i get prompted to enter my password...but the email there doesn't belong to me...yet i am already logged in and i can't find a way to delete/edit it...
Any ideas how?

Since you are a owner of a Hackintosh, you do not have an Apple certified computer with an actual model number. So you must have access to an actual Mac to do the Yosemite installation. Check out the home page on how to do that. Good luck! :D

So about 6 months ago i installed Mavericks on the family pc. I was a way and when i came back it worked ike crap...Anyway, i still had the unibeast created usb and re installed mavericks, all went fine, even updated. Now that Yosemite is out i wanted to try it. Went to the appstore to download it and i get prompted to enter my password...but the email there doesn't belong to me...yet i am already logged in and i can't find a way to delete/edit it...
Any ideas how?

I have seen this happen before where a hack has someone elses e-mail account and you cannot log in. I do not know if this will work but give it a try:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6283

thanks for the tip but it doesn't work :(

i still have that email :(

and i only need it to download the yosemite app because on all the ones i have unibeast says they are incomplete. Trying to install now with a usb made with diskmaker and clover but i'm stuck at a black screen that comes up right after DSDMOS has arrived :(

but i did that before! when i upgraded from 10.8 to mavericks! and it worked !

Since you are a owner of a Hackintosh, you do not have an Apple certified computer with an actual model number. So you must have access to an actual Mac to do the Yosemite installation. Check out the home page on how to do that. Good luck! :D

but i did that before! when i upgraded from 10.8 to mavericks! and it worked !

Do you have a valid AppleID which has purchased some version of the OS at some point?
If so, you should be able to delete whatever email account is associated from the System Preferences and re-add it to the system and then log back into the AppStore as your own email address.

If you've done something else to obtain the previous OS versions and get the AppStore running... whatever that is you did is likely the root cause. The concept of trying to use an Apple ID that isn't associated with your own email account sounds kind of sketchy to me and I suspect Apple would probably have blocked such a thing with their increased user security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back