Contribute
Register

App Store - device or computer could not be verified (Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
I keep getting the following error:

Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.

I realize this is a known issue, and I have tried several of the "fixes" I have found, including:

- PCIRootID = 1
- PCIRoot = 1
- EnternetBuiltIn = Yes
- Deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, deleting all network services from the left panel of Sys Prefs > Network, restarting, and re-adding networks beginning with Ethernet
- I also tried following the iCloud fix instructions here (which were very similar to fixes for App Store) http://www.osxlatitude.com/how-to-fix-i ... acetime/2/

None of these attempts have worked so far. Does anyone have any other clues/ideas?

Also, please note that I do *not* use ethernet for my internet, but I use wifi. I actually installed a mini pcie to pcie adapter with a Apple BCM94322MC card for wifi, tutorial available here: http://nofilmschool.com/build-a-hackint ... g-touches/

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Thank you.

Me too I have the same problem, I have 10.7.4. I tried all kind of methods out there so far no luck.
I even added the hex code of my graphic+network card using EFI Studio and OSX86Tools. Nothing seems to work.

I also tried with Champlist to change the serial number, also here no success. :banghead:

I had the same problem I used EFIstudio 1.1 selected ethernet then clicked add device copied the code generated exit EFIstudio then opened Chameleon Wizard, pasted the code in the box at the bottom and checked the box Device properties. After reboot App Store works fine.

ss4goku said:
I had the same problem I used EFIstudio 1.1 selected ethernet then clicked add device copied the code generated exit EFIstudio then opened Chameleon Wizard, pasted the code in the box at the bottom and checked the box Device properties. After reboot App Store works fine.

I did exactly as you said, but after applying it to the chameleon file, I rebooted and hoped it will be fine. I passed the boot screen then the apple logo boot screen then BLACK SCREEN. I guess it messed up my graphic card. Not sure if that is the problem.

I hope someone can come with a solution. :think:

elinato said:
ss4goku said:

I did exactly as you said, but after applying it to the chameleon file, I rebooted and hoped it will be fine. I passed the boot screen then the apple logo boot screen then BLACK SCREEN. I guess it messed up my graphic card. Not sure if that is the problem.

Make sure you select Ethernet from the drop box in EFIstudio don't save anything just exit, then use the code in Chameleon Wizard.

ss4goku said:
elinato said:
ss4goku said:

Make sure you select Ethernet from the drop box in EFIstudio don't save anything just exit, then use the code in Chameleon Wizard.

Did exactly that. Not working for me. I have an PCI-E with Realtek 8169 chipset. My onboard Broadcom BCM57781 not even recognize by Lion.

Installed a new driver for BCM57781. From http://www.osx86.net/view/2754-broadcom_netlink_gigabit_ethernet_bcm577_...html added pci14e4,16b1 to Info.plist then repair disk permissions, rebooted, and now Lion finally recognize it.

Only problem I get is static ip.

I have build my own AirPort card, so I don't really need Ethernet, as long as Lion recognize my network card and I get IOBuiltin=Yes its ok for me.
Code:
ioreg -lS -w0 | grep -A11 en0 | egrep "BSD Name|IOBuiltin"
    | |   |         |   "BSD Name" = "en0"
    | |   |         |   "IOBuiltin" = Yes

I now can log into App Store, but not iCloud and FaceTime. No Idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back