Contribute
Register

App Store and Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 exact same situation here

Mine had trouble at first, but I did a couple fixes (mainly the long hex thing in the chameleon file) and deleting that networkinterfaces.plist, so my purchased apps updated fine, but now my pirated iwork and ilife won't update because it said they were downloaded with a different computer. Now, I know that's correct, but i'm reading that apple isn't even cracking down on those updates now and pirated users are able to upgrade. what gives?

Mine had trouble at first, but I did a couple fixes (mainly the long hex thing in the chameleon file) and deleting that networkinterfaces.plist, so my purchased apps updated fine, but now my pirated iwork and ilife won't update because it said they were downloaded with a different computer. Now, I know that's correct, but i'm reading that apple isn't even cracking down on those updates now and pirated users are able to upgrade. what gives?

Not sure. My copy of Aperture is perfectly legal and I'm getting the same result.

I'm having the same problem, anyone have a fix?

Same here. legal iWork on App Store. "Downloaded with different id"

Tried deleting and installing from DVD. Same result. iWork 09 won't even start.

Did anyone ever find a solution for this?

Same issue here as well. I get a cue to sign in, then "Update Unavailable with This Apple ID", and then immediately after that I get "We could not complete your request. There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (null)". I'm waiting to update iLife, iWork, and Aperture...

Same on my end, but only for iLife updates. I was able to update my purchases of iWork without any problems. It also seems that I can download other apps, but when it comes to updating my legally purchased copy of iLife '11 I get the same messages as above.

Is this only happening on some systems? I don't understand how it could single certain systems out.

Hey guys,

For those still having trouble with App Store, iMessage, iCloud or updating iLife/iWork apps - here are the steps that have worked for me in Mavericks.

How to fix iCloud and possibly iMessage and App store
1. First fix your network settings. There are several posts on this if you search for them but here are the basics:
- remove /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, then in System Preferences->Network, remove all adapters, reboot and add all network devices back 1 at a time. The built-in ethernet needs to be default (en0).
2. Run Chameleon Wizard to give your system a unique ID. Lots of tutorials exist on this as well.

Fixing App Store updates:
1. Install Vmware and install Mavericks in a virtual machine. Install iLife or iWork from the original installers and then launch App Store. The downloads will work now and the installers will be added to your account so that you can update properly in your real Mavericks system.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-software/112477-cant-update-new-iwork.html

Hope this helps.

I found this post to be very helpful for me:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-software/112477-cant-update-new-iwork-5.html#post688661

The complete post contains at least three different things to try but by far the easiest was the Clover USB boot disk which is what I used. Watch the video that is shown there and that will be a good start. That video uses an older version of the Clover Configurator but It's not hard to figure it out. Just don't change anything you aren't certain of.

iMovie, iWork all updated while I was booted using Clover from the USB. Then I went back to Chimera for everyday use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back