Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everybody!

First of all, i need to say thank you so much for your valuable information. It's encouraging to see people like you doing all this effort in order to help others. Thanks again.

I was thinking about buying an imac but when i realized about hackintosh computers, i decided to give them a try. So, i'm newby to this and i need urgent advice from you guys. I've checked the forums but i still don't find the information that i need.

I need to build a hackintosh computer mainly for audio stuff but there are some crucial aspects to keep in mind:

1) it must work perfect with the Apogee's Duet audio interface (need to be fully functional). This is the most important fact, i use this audio interface everyday , so compatibility is a must!

2) It would be great if the system will let me do some component upgrades in near future.

3) I've about $700 (even $800 if it's worth) to invest in this custom build.

I'm in a big hurry, so i appreciate your fast advice!

Sicerely, i will consider donating for your great help and support. :thumbup:

For third time, thanks again guys! :D

Any gigabyte board with firewire that has a DSDT file listed here from tonymac will be totally stable with the apogee duet and siimilar in performance to a current Imac, depending on which processor you get.

Here's a user build from this forum that fits your requirements easily, the motherboard used does have a firewire port and is rather cheap ($600-$700):

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16164

So what's the hold up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back