Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiFi
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I have recently added a 960evo to my rig and decided to do a fresh install of 10.13.1 using APFS. Everything was fine and the speeds were very decent. However, as 10.13.2 came out, I had to update. I did it following the advices found around here, with the new apfs.efi and it worked like a charm. But I instantly felt that the system was a bit more choppy and not as fast as it was with 10.13.1.

I did a fresh install of 10.13.2 to be sure (still APFS) but everything remains a bit sluggish, especially in Safari (tabs takes sometimes 2-3 seconds to close) and for the copy of small files. Blackmagic disk gives me estimates accordingly to what I could expect of the 960evo, so I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, or if the new APFS is indeed more sluggish with the 960evo....

Does anyone have some insight into that? Should I revert back to HFS+ ? Should I wait for further improvements?

Cheers !

Up! Just read online that 10.13.2 contained a fix for the now famous Intel flaw, with the, now also famous, 5% to 30% perf reduction. So I would wager that in my case the perf problem I noticed (it was real then, and not a product of my imagination) is to be attributed to the Intel flaw and not to the APFS....

So for the sake of curiosity, and science, but mostly curiosity, does anyone else noticed a decrease in pers with 10.13.2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back