Contribute
Register

Anyway to suppress powerstats*.diag reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Probook 4440:4540
CPU
i3-3110M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Mavericks seems to create those System Diagnostic Reports powerstats*.diag files every 24hours. Anyway to suppress it?

I dug up more info:
Sender: spindump

Saved diag report for powerstats version com.apple.SystemStats.Daily to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/powerstats_2013-11-16-075320_ProBook.diag

Saved diag report for powerstats version com.apple.SystemStats.TopPowerEvent to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/powerstats_2013-11-16-075321_ProBook.diag

Apple Forum Quote:
zThe powerstats-entry is no error-report. Its only a daily system-diagnostic-report and triggered by a LaunchDaemon called `com.apple.SystemStats.Daily`. You can find this daemon in your System/Library/LaunchDaemons - Folder.

You can edit this file with a plist-editor (like PlistEdit Pro) and delete the CalendarInterval-entry. Than save back (you need your admin-password), restart and you are good to go. No more reports and no side effects.

Before editing be sure, to backup the original daemon file.

This trigger seems to be a leftover from development and should be removed by Apple in one of the next updates.

Instead of editing or deleting the file I ran the following from the terminal:

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.systemstats.daily.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back