Contribute
Register

Anyway to get TL-WDN4800 wifi to work on Mavericks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My TL-WDN4800 wifi card is recognized but doesn't work half the time and when it does it goes absurdly slow. Is there any way to get it working right on Mavericks?

Gigabyte Intel z77 GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB Corsair Vengeance Desktop Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048 MB Graphics Card

My Card works but after 5 minutes it stopped working i have to deactivate and activate wlan

no one can fix it?

My WDN4800 works flawlessly. It shows up as AirPort Extreme in system information. Perfectly stable with no issues. I did not do anything special to get it working. I'm surprised to see people are having this trouble.

Same issues... However my JUST started weeks after the 10.9.1 update, no software/hardware changes to speak of... it just out of the blue wouldn't pull down more than 3mbps, however upload seemed unaffected.

I believe the problem lies in the country code selection for the card, while in a windows environment the country code is specified by the driver, in OSX it's expecting the country code to be specified by the wireless card.

If you're running a 5ghz network try limiting to 5ghz channel to 36-42, that seems to have mine running better. I still have to turn wifi off/on every few days, but at least I get my normal throughput this way.

My TL-WDN4800 worked OOB but always has random connection drops. So I searched everywhere and almost tried everything until I finally got it. The solution is to turn off Wake-on-LAN in the Bios setting. That's it! And it worked 100% on my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back