Contribute
Register

Anyone using Logic/PT with 1366 based Hackinotsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone here could report of their experience of using a 1366 based Hackintosh with Logic and/or Pro Tools.

Still trying to figure out if it's as compatible as the P55/H55 based rigs as the DAWs environment above are particularly finnicky and have to interact with tons of external software and hardware components

thanks! :)

Me , i use Logic pro 9.13 and protools 8.03 , no problems so far....

my guess is that as long as you're running up to date hardware/software and compatible firewire chipsets you should be fine.

pci/pcie pro tools interfaces. i have no idea whether they would work but my gut instinct is that they probably won't be able to.

i hope to be using a firewire digi 003 rack with my hackintosh when i get round to building one.

i'm not a massive pro tools user, so i'm probably going to get round to buying an apogee ensemble at some point for use with logic.

thanks for the replies :)

lulraep i know what you mean, however you can be moderately optimistic i've seen reports on this forum of people use their HD rigs with success on P55 base hackintoshes

I myself use regularly PT and a 003 on a old Q9400 hackintosh

the ensemble is better tho' ;)

aero++ said:
Hello there,
I was wondering if anyone here could report of their experience of using a 1366 based Hackintosh with Logic and/or Pro Tools.

Still trying to figure out if it's as compatible as the P55/H55 based rigs as the DAWs environment above are particularly finnicky and have to interact with tons of external software and hardware components

thanks! :)

Just set up SL 10.6.3 Retail +10.6.6 combo upgrade disc on my system dualboot with (win7 RAID 0). Currently loading to 64bit kernel.
Pro Tools 9.0.1, M-Audio FTU-8R and Axiom Pro 61 MIDI controller.
It all works. I am going to wait and study on installing SL to a RAID array, with a seperate single disc to record to. So far, Pro Tools really sings on SL. :headbang: I am liking the low latency of SL vs Win7.
Is it possible to install SL to a TRUE HARDWARE RAID array? Not software RAID.

Digidesign 003 & ProTools HD works flawlessly and MUUUUUCH faster/better than on the old Dual G5 Power Mac we were using. Running on my bros 1156 i7 860 P55UD3R setup :headbang:

OSX 10.6.6 of course. :D

I'll be testing the exact same setup on my i7 950 & X58-USB3 shortly.

splatkitty said:
...Is it possible to install SL to a TRUE HARDWARE RAID array? Not software RAID.
Check out Other World Computing's RAID PCI cards here. These guys are the Mac 3rd party go-to-guys.

no problems with PT 8 or Logic 9 on my i7 920 setup - running with a 003R.

Hi, which firewire card are you using to get the 003R work?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back