Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Right now I'm using an EVGA card that's running a 9500 GT Chipset, and I'd like to upgrade to something more appropriate for gaming. I tried HL2 and Portal with my existing card and they both run like ass! I'm not wanting something super expensive, but I want it to at least handle games from 4-5 years ago. Right now I'm looking at the EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE

(LINK: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130591).

Does anyone have this card, or one similar to it, and if so, how does it run in your machine?

Lot's of info about that card series here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8547

and even more here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8015

I would recommend reading both posts in their entirety if you plan on buying that card.

Issues galore. Fermi support in OSX is still Beta. So it won't really be an upgrade. Just spending money.

I hope that helps

rabbit.

Lot's of info about that card series here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8547

and even more here
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8015

I would recommend reading both posts in their entirety if you plan on buying that card.

Issues galore. Fermi support in OSX is still Beta. So it won't really be an upgrade. Just spending money.

I hope that helps

rabbit.

Thanks! That's what I needed to know. Looks like this isn't the one that I'll be picking up. Oh well, guess I'll look more into the ones that tonymacx86 has listed. Certainly want to get something that works as opposed to something that is going to be glitching out all the time. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back