Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Looking to build a super small mini-itx hackintosh. Does anyone know if this motherboard works?

Thanks!

Looking to build a super small mini-itx hackintosh. Does anyone know if this motherboard works?

Thanks!

Its on the early adopters lists, so you should be OK, however if you want a recommendation then best wait until September/October for the buyers guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/358-early-adopter-s-guide-intel-s-haswell-cpus-8-series-motherboards.html

More handy information if you are new to making a PC for running OS X : http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/

Adrian B

Thank you Adrian for your reply. I didnt realize there was a guide on Haswell. I've already built a Hackintosh using an Ivy Bridge processor with an Asus board that has thunderbolt. The box is pretty big so I'm going to do the opposite and build a haswell that is as small as possible.

Thank you Adrian for your reply. I didnt realize there was a guide on Haswell. I've already built a Hackintosh using an Ivy Bridge processor with an Asus board that has thunderbolt. The box is pretty big so I'm going to do the opposite and build a haswell that is as small as possible.

There is also this thread which has some further details. I am pretty certain that this board will be in the first Haswell buyers guide just as its predecessor the Z77 is now.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/107370-advice-ga-z87n-wifi-build.html

Adrian B

I just completed a Z87N build with a friend (build thread coming soon!) and it's up and running more or less with ML. It still doesn't have graphics acceleration for the HD4600 iGPU, but this should come with Mavericks and 10.8.5. We also haven't tried to enable sound yet (it's hooked up to a TV) but for the most part it works!

can I get those DSDT settings you used to make it work?

I just completed a Z87N build with a friend (build thread coming soon!) and it's up and running more or less with ML. It still doesn't have graphics acceleration for the HD4600 iGPU, but this should come with Mavericks and 10.8.5. We also haven't tried to enable sound yet (it's hooked up to a TV) but for the most part it works!

Please let us know how did the sound turned out, I just didn't buy that board yet because anyone can 100% confirm or not the compatibility of the sound.

Thanks

Please let us know how did the sound turned out, I just didn't buy that board yet because anyone can 100% confirm or not the compatibility of the sound.

Thanks

We're still working on getting it set up; it's proving challenging. The sound should work, though.

We're still working on getting it set up; it's proving challenging. The sound should work, though.

Cool, i spoke to tonymacx86 himself, and he said that the sound configuration should be the same as them Ga-z78mx-d3h. You can find a guide for this build under GOLDEN BUILDS forum.

I think that this will help you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back