Contribute
Register

Anyone successfully installed High Sierra on a Surface Book 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Surface Book 2 13"
CPU
Intel Core i7-8650U
Graphics
GTX 1050, Intel UHD 620 3000x2000
I've found Surface book guides but nothing specific to the Surface Book 2. Curious if anyone has tried it before?

I've found Surface book guides but nothing specific to the Surface Book 2. Curious if anyone has tried it before?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hi there I'm currently trying to get the Surface Book 2 running High Sierra but can't get the native Intel UHD 620 graphics working. When I boot, even after faking PCI ID of the HD 620, patching DVMT, and implementing brightness control, I get a black screen. The thing boots properly using an invalid ig-platform-id like 0x12345678, but that means no hardware graphics acceleration.

Other things that aren't working: touchpad gestures, touchscreen, WiFi+Bluetooth+XBox Radio (will never work), Discrete Graphics (will never work), and Audio (next on my list after integrated graphics).

If anyone has experience with the UHD 620 (it's in the i3-8130U, i5-8250U, i5-8350U, i7-8550U, and i7-8650U) and (around) 4K displays on hackintosh, any help getting the graphics to boot with the native driver would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and relevant files are attached below.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 146
  • LibraryExtensions.zip
    237.7 KB · Views: 104
Hi there I'm currently trying to get the Surface Book 2 running High Sierra but can't get the native Intel UHD 620 graphics working. When I boot, even after faking PCI ID of the HD 620, patching DVMT, and implementing brightness control, I get a black screen. The thing boots properly using an invalid ig-platform-id like 0x12345678, but that means no hardware graphics acceleration.

Other things that aren't working: touchpad gestures, touchscreen, WiFi+Bluetooth+XBox Radio (will never work), Discrete Graphics (will never work), and Audio (next on my list after integrated graphics).

If anyone has experience with the UHD 620 (it's in the i3-8130U, i5-8250U, i5-8350U, i7-8550U, and i7-8650U) and (around) 4K displays on hackintosh, any help getting the graphics to boot with the native driver would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and relevant files are attached below.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Please DO NOT cross-post duplicates. It is contrary to the rules (you already agreed): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
Your duplicate has been removed.

Here are the problem reporting files from my most recent config (DMVT patch disabled, minStolenSize enabled), thanks for the quick response, and sorry for my incompetence, first time troubleshooting with you guys.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting-2.16.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 107
Here are the problem reporting files from my most recent config (DMVT patch disabled, minStolenSize enabled), thanks for the quick response, and sorry for my incompetence, first time troubleshooting with you guys.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note that your ioreg shows you're using an invalid ig-platform-id. You should not expect working graphics with an invalid ig-platform-id.

Sorry again, couldn't use the install_tools.sh script because the networking doesn't work, been grabbing the files manually. Also, the only way for me to boot was to use an invalid platform id, so I'm not sure what to do to get boot with a valid one. With a valid platform id, I'm getting full backlight black screen, no cursor, around 60% of the way through boot, right when hardware accelerated graphics kick in.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • ioreg.zip
    536.8 KB · Views: 76
  • patchmatic.zip
    51.8 KB · Views: 76
Ok managed to get the tool running by tethering my phone, here is the zip.

Attachments

• debug_22364.zip
    2 MB · Views: 83
Ok managed to get the tool running by tethering my phone, here is the zip.

Why are you using iMac SMBIOS for your laptop?
SSDT-PRW.aml is not valid without the patch for GPRW->XPRW in your config.plist.
It is easy to tell there is a problem if you disassemble your patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml
Result:
Code:
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]
ACPI Error: [GPRW] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)

SSDT-PluginType1.aml conflicts with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true. Remove SSDT-PluginType1.aml.

Your native ACPI has no OSID, so no need for OSID->XSID patch (you should only implement patches that apply to your hardware/BIOS/ACPI).

You may need to inject EDID (set config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject=true).

Make sure your Lilu.kext and all Lilu plugins (CoreDisplayFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup) are up-to-date.

The guide recommends AptioMemoryFix.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi+EmuVariableUefi-64.efi over OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

It may be helpful to use an external monitor to help debug your problem.

Hey, I'm currently trying to install Sierra on my surface book 2. But my SSD (with windows on it) won't show up in the MAC installer.
How do i get it to show up? is it because it's ntfs formated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back