Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently got Apple's active displayport converter & plugged in a third monitor to my build. I have an XFX Radeon HD 6870 so I'm using 1 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 DP. When it's plugged in it's fine if the machine is already on.. but if I restart with it plugged in this is what I see. If I unplug the monitor and plug it back in, it's fine. I just don't want to have to do that every time I restart.

(I don't know why the photo is upside down, didn't feel like it was relevant to flip it back for this post)

Attachments

• Photo May 20, 9 36 13 PM.jpg
    Photo May 20, 9 36 13 PM.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 296
Have the same issue I actually made a post before I saw this. If you look at my post it explains more but looks like it is the same issue. Were you able to solve this?

Bomma72 said:
Have the same issue I actually made a post before I saw this. If you look at my post it explains more but looks like it is the same issue. Were you able to solve this?

Nope. Still happening. I just make sure I boot with the third monitor unplugged and then plug it in after it's booted.

bdoooh said:
Bomma72 said:

Nope. Still happening. I just make sure I boot with the third monitor unplugged and then plug it in after it's booted.

An easier way is to create a hotcorner with (display sleep). Then move your mouse into the corner for a second to put it to sleep and the monitor will shut down and come back up and look correct. This works for me as long as I get my password correct at the log on. I'm sure it would work even better if you just made OS log in by default, but I don't like to do that. This way I don't have to plug and unplug it.

By the way I am able to use 2 DVI's and one 1 DP. Have you tried 2 DVI's and 1 HDMI, I was thinking of getting the HDMI converter to try that but I am afraid to waste the money?

Bomma72 said:
bdoooh said:
Bomma72 said:

An easier way is to create a hotcorner with (display sleep). Then move your mouse into the corner for a second to put it to sleep and the monitor will shut down and come back up and look correct. This works for me as long as I get my password correct at the log on. I'm sure it would work even better if you just made OS log in by default, but I don't like to do that. This way I don't have to plug and unplug it.

By the way I am able to use 2 DVI's and one 1 DP. Have you tried 2 DVI's and 1 HDMI, I was thinking of getting the HDMI converter to try that but I am afraid to waste the money?

You can't do 2 DVIs and 1 HDMI since the HDMI is technically linked to one of the DVIs. The card has 5 outputs but supports 4 actual outputs.

I'll have to try the sleep thing.. I have yet tried to put this machine to sleep.

Don't put the machine to sleep just the screens I believe.

The card is defective... send it back.

Well I have two of the same cards and have switched them and I see the exact same response, also OP also sees the same, maybe it is the converter?

Hey there friends,

I had the exact same problem when I was running two monitors off my gigabyte amd radeon 6850. It took me a while to find a solution but i found one. Check out my thread here and look at the last post (Should be mine)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53338

The custom ktext that I installed (which can be found in the link on the last post) is so good I've even moved up to 3 monitors now (2 DVI and 1 Display Port). No boot distortion at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back