Contribute
Register

Anyone running OSX Lion with dual displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am running 10.6.8 with two Samsung SyncMaster 226BW displays. Although I have two identical displays, one of them has a pronounced bluish tint, necessitating the use of a different color profile for each display.

Using System Preferences in 10.6.8, I am able to select different color profiles for each display, and everything looks great.

However, in OSX Lion 10.7-10.7.2, I am unable to select a color profile for my secondary display; I have tried to change the setting in System Preferences, but although two display profile windows appear, the right (primary) display is the only one affected by any changes; if I try to change the settings on the left (secondary) display, the right (primary) display reflects the changes.

So regardless if I select a color profile on the primary or secondary display, I am unable to apply the color profile to the secondary display. Because of this, I am still on 10.6.8

I do have a hard drive running a clean install of Lion, and that is how I know of the problem. I was hoping that the 10.7.2 upgrade would fix the problem. It has not.

Is anyone else experiencing this same problem? If so, are you running two, identical displays? I really want to upgrade to Lion, but I can't until I can fix this problem. Any info regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruno

I was able to find a work around to my problem Re: Unable to select color profile for secondary display.

It seems that this is only a problem when OS X Lion is connected to two IDENTICAL displays, in my case two Samsung Syncmaster 226BW displays. I know this because when I swapped one of the 226BW's for a Samsung Syncmaster 2043SWX display, the problem went away.

In order to select a color profile for the secondary display:

• Select the color profile that you want to use for the SECONDARY DISPLAY through the primary display's preference window[/*:m:b9s7qoa2]
  • In the "Arrangement" tab, check off Mirror Displays[/*:m:b9s7qoa2]
  • Wait for the color profile to be applied to the secondary display then uncheck Mirror Displays[/*:m:b9s7qoa2]
  • Select the color profile that you want to use for the primary display through the primary display's preference window[/*:m:b9s7qoa2]

Your two displays should now have the correct color profiles applied. Unfortunately, you will need to do this every time you log off/restart the computer. Hopefully this problem will be resolved in 10.7.3

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back