MSI 630 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys.

I'm running my Hackintosh and it works perfectly!

Specs:

Intel i7 3770 3.4
Intel dh77eb motherboard
8 gb ram.

My ram is only running on 1333 though. I've set it to 1600 in my bios, but they still appear to be at 1333 in the 'About this mac'

Any thoughts?

Hi :)

It's works on my Hackintosh, Mavercicks 10.9:

706369Capturedcran20140212143559.png

It works out of the box, i don't know how to help you, but 1600Mhz is possible.

GalaxyUser

Set you RAM to Profile 1 in your BIOS ?

I have. That's why I find it very weird that it says 1333 Mhz on the display 'About this mac'.

Will try to see if I can fix it some way, but I'm very open to suggestions.

Depends what RAM DIMM modules you got, if they are 1333 MHz, then can't run at 1600 MHz.
It's hardcoded into the DIMM SPD chip.

Depends what RAM DIMM modules you got, if they are 1333 MHz, then can't run at 1600 MHz.
It's hardcoded into the DIMM SPD chip.

Of course they can. If they are good enough they can even go as high as 1866 or more. Depends on the chip.

As for the OP: what did you put in your SMBIOS under RAM?

First I set it to profile 1, 1600. Then I tried manual afterwards at same mhz. None have worked so far. I will try to look more into it at the morning. It's weird because all of the other computers I've run I've done it the exact same way in the BIOS (With Windows as OS ofcourse) but maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow :)

Hmmm try
Load optimized defaults -> XMP to profile 1 -> Vrin Loadline calibration to Extreme

Not sure why but I stayed at 1333Mhz as well until I did the Vrin loadline calibration despite the fact that it's a CPU voltage setting not a memory voltage setting.

Give those a shot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back