Contribute
Register

Anyone recently called apple support to fix imessage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called support, but they would like to do a screenshare to see, if I just give the code they will not transfer me to 2nd tier support? Any suggestions?

I called support, but they would like to do a screenshare to see, if I just give the code they will not transfer me to 2nd tier support? Any suggestions?

Every time I've called them, they've always been really helpful and sorted my issues.... I just say I'm currently away from my Machine :)

Every time I've called them, they've always been really helpful and sorted my issues.... I just say I'm currently away from my Machine :)
I called 3 times yesterday, so I said I am away from my mac, but they ask me to call them again when I have my mac. and looks like the tier 1 support need to do troubleshooting before transfer me to 2nd tier. Even I had the customer code, looks like the people answered the phone don't know this problem. I will try again today.

I called 3 times yesterday, so I said I am away from my mac, but they ask me to call them again when I have my mac. and looks like the tier 1 support need to do troubleshooting before transfer me to 2nd tier. Even I had the customer code, looks like the people answered the phone don't know this problem. I will try again today.
Same here - they used to be very helpful, but now Tier 1 support is awful. I spent 45 min with them on the phone to unlock the iMessage account with the 12-digit code we've all seen because he "never heard of this problem" and had to research. Eventually he sent me to Tier 2 support, and the guy fixed it in 2 minutes like the old days.

Do you have 2 step verification enabled? Ever since moving to 2 step verification I don't have customer code. Recommend trying 2 step verification you shouldn't need to ring them up.

Do you have 2 step verification enabled? Ever since moving to 2 step verification I don't have customer code. Recommend trying 2 step verification you shouldn't need to ring them up.
Just tried, and still got the code. I called apple and finally I been transferred to the mac department, I provided the code he did something but I still got the code. He will call me to check tomorrow.

Just tried, and still got the code. I called apple and finally I been transferred to the mac department, I provided the code he did something but I still got the code. He will call me to check tomorrow.

If you still get the Customer code after the codes been put through then it's not apples end. Have you got MLB and ROM in your Config.plist? You ran iMessage debug?

If you still get the Customer code after the codes been put through then it's not apples end. Have you got MLB and ROM in your Config.plist? You ran iMessage debug?
Hi VoiletDragon, thanks for your reply.

The problem is I have 2 accounts can login but this one my main account can't. So I guess it's problem with my ID but not my hack?

Also I ran iMessage debug I can see my MLB and ROM, one question here.
On the example from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-9#entry2060421 (see below)

They said put the MLB and ROM to the RtVariables, but I followed another guide I cleared everything under RtVariables, should I put MLB and ROM here?? I do the MLB and Rom from the output of the debug (I leave the RtVariables blank)

Also I believe I have 0x28 and 0x43 on the booterconfig and CsAativeConfig, this is fine right?

Thanks

So on your "recipient" hack, you can enter in the RtVariables section of Clover's config.plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>CK118014DJN1G</string>
<key>ROM</key>
<data>bD5tESny</data>
</dict>

OR

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<key>ROM</key>
<string>6C3E6D1129f2</string>
</dict>

Hi VoiletDragon, thanks for your reply.

The problem is I have 2 accounts can login but this one my main account can't. So I guess it's problem with my ID but not my hack?

Also I ran iMessage debug I can see my MLB and ROM, one question here.
On the example from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-9#entry2060421 (see below)

They said put the MLB and ROM to the RtVariables, but I followed another guide I cleared everything under RtVariables, should I put MLB and ROM here?? I do the MLB and Rom from the output of the debug (I leave the RtVariables blank)

Also I believe I have 0x28 and 0x43 on the booterconfig and CsAativeConfig, this is fine right?

Thanks

So on your "recipient" hack, you can enter in the RtVariables section of Clover's config.plist

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<key>ROM</key>
<data>bD5tESny</data>
</dict>

OR

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<key>ROM</key>
<string>6C3E6D1129f2</string>
</dict>

MLB and ROM needs to go under RtVaribles. CsrActiveConfig needs to be set to 0x67. Not 0x43 not sure where you got that figure from.

MLB and ROM needs to go under RtVaribles. CsrActiveConfig needs to be set to 0x67. Not 0x43 not sure where you got that figure from.
Thanks VoiletDragon, I don't have my hack in front of me, I could be wrong with theCsrActiveConfig. I have a x220, so I just download the config.list online.

Also for the RtVaribles, could I just use clover configurator to input the value or I have to use a text editor?

I think I tried put RtVaribles in but still got the code yesterday.

Also I ran debug, for example my ROM is the last part of the system-ID, does this look correct? (like below)
The code does keep the same every time boot.

System-ID: A8DD17A0-CF10-4323-9841-29A9F08C1D49
ROM: 29A9F08C1D49 (on the web site is different 6C3E6D1129f2)
BoardSerialNumber: CK118014DJN1G

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back