i7 2600K
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got a new video card over the week end.
Anyone know how to get GTX670 working?

I ran multibeast again and updated the nvidia enabler.
I currently have 2 cards in the machine, a GT520 which is detected and works fine, and the GTX670, which isn't detected and monitor is only 1024/768.

cheers

GTX6XX series are not supported.

Mate94 said:

Seriously! - but do you just troll looking for ways to post unhelpful posts or ways to put people down? I can only assume by your post count that you are quite experienced in the Hackintosh world, so it would great if you could help someone out who is new at this.

These forums are here to help people, not to offend people!

The content of post you referred me to:
"What Chimera/Chameleon supports with GraphicsEnabler and what the OS supports are two different things.

GraphicsEnabler support doesn't imply that it's supported by any version of the operating system out of the box. If a card is not supported OOB you will need to edit the kext to add the missing device ID's."

Yes I understand this, as you can see in my original post, someone has appeared to add support for the GTX680, I am wondering if the same support can be added for the GTX670.

I am assuming that my card (along with the GTX680) is not support OOB. So I will need a modified kext file to add the missing ID's - this is the bit I don't understand or know how to do - hence my original post asking for help.

Thanks

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I read the 6xx support in chimera to mean the it will recognize there is a 680 in the machine but as of now there are no OS X drivers for it. So... We will probably have to wait for a real Mac to support the series and then the hackintoshes will gain support. chimera is just a little ahead of the game.

The situation with the gtx 580 working with native nvidia drivers was a rarity that seemed too good to be true.

i see. :(

At this point I just want to display 2D stuff on the GTX670 at 1920x1080 res. I can live without acceleration for now. I play games etc in Windows.

Any idea how to add additional resolutions.

Are you satisfied? :rolleyes:

Mate94 said:
Are you satisfied? :rolleyes:

Totally satisfied with all of your responses! You are a credit to the Hackintosh scene. The amount of help you give others is awe inspiring!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattyMoocow said:
Any idea how to add additional resolutions.

There are now several posts telling you the same thing, namely your graphics card is not supported. You will not get higher resolutions. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.

Instead of moaning at forum members, maybe it would have been wise to research this before buying an unsupported card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back