Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I deleted my snow leopard partition afer creating unibeast usb. I get this screen after using 4.2 multibeast on restart after installing lion ofcourse.

I followed tonymac guide but cannot find a dsdt. So only selected easybeast on multibeast

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... da0e92.jpg
Any help will be appreciated.

Are you re-installing exactly as you did initially?
Don't forget to start with a clean partition .
Did you use iboot, retail DVD, Combo upgrades and Multibeast before?
Did you use Easybeast then?
The best approach now would be to try your install again.
Check connections too.

Hi, are you saying that i have to install snow leopard and the combo update before upgrading to lion?

What i did was load unibeast installer. Go to disk utility format SL partition then install lion reboot complete set up then use mulibeast and then on reboot i got a kernal panic or the screen in first post.

ryan__93 said:
Hi, are you saying that i have to install snow leopard and the combo update before upgrading to lion?

What i did was load unibeast installer. Go to disk utility format SL partition then install lion reboot complete set up then use mulibeast and then on reboot i got a kernal panic or the screen in first post.

Have you tried to boot using the unibeast boot loader? Also I would try using rBoot to boot.

Once you are on the desktop, load up multibeast and run easybeast and system utilities.

neil

No good. I tried iboot, rboot and the usb. None of them work. Here is the error when booting off the hdd. http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... d3215c.jpg

If it helps..... The partition i boot off was not shown in finder like it was in snow leopard

Edit- after 3rd boot i got in with rboot. Does that kernal panic above mean i need to change anything? Thanks for the help so far.

While booting through rboot my second partition has disappeared. I have 3 partitions windows, lion and my files. The only partition showing in lion is windows and multibeast installation keeps on failing.

ryan__93 said:
I deleted my snow leopard partition afer creating unibeast usb. I get this screen after using 4.2 multibeast on restart after installing lion ofcourse.
I followed tonymac guide but cannot find a dsdt. So only selected easybeast on multibeast
Any help will be appreciated.

In response to your later question -DO YOU NEED TO START WITH SL. No not needed. You likely know that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can only use a single HDD for BOTH OSX & Win, there is an up to date Tonymac Guide for that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ANOTHER OPTION:
Sometimes folks have difficulty installing SL or Lion on the same HDD as WIN 7.
If you have the ability to use a separate HDD for each, that may help.
You might have best luck disconnecting the Win 7 HDD while doing the install if using a 2 HDD method.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
As you are aware, there are 2 procedures for installing LION with TonyMac Guides. One starts with 10.6.7 or 10.6.8. The other starts clean.
Because you are having so much trouble installing LION, You might try/try again each.
1. Install LION from Scratch into clean partition.
2. Install SL, upgrade to 10.6.7 or 10.6.8 then install LION.
Sometimes starting again is easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back