Contribute
Register

Anyone installed a new (4/7) ASUS DSDT file succesfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Snow Leopard
CPU
Intel Core i5 -750 2.67 GHz
Graphics
Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm thinking about moving from my super-awesome-no-problems-at-all Easybeast install to using the DSDT posted on Friday (4/7). I'd really like my machine to sleep, so that's my motivation.

However, just from scanning this forum's recent threads, it seems like many folks have been having trouble with the ASUS p7p55d -xxxx- DSDT's. I want to make the leap, and I'd do it with my clone first, but someone below even reported after doing so that he couldn't boot via the clone.

Perhaps there are other issues with that machine, but . . . I don't want that to be me if possible.

So, has anyone used one of the new ASUS DSDT's, moving from EasyBeast, successfully? If so, how did you do it?

Anyone try with a p7p55d e pro?

Must you delete your current Extra folder, or items from it? Do anything else before installing the DSDT?

Thanks for any input you might have; it will be very good to have some positive input before making my decision.

DSDT not working for me yet. I was able to boot with a 10.6.3 (SL retail) clone partition using iBoot. Then I was able to delete DSDT.aml from extras folder on the primary boot partition. System is bootable without DSDT even if you used multibeast to install (assuming you have fakesmc etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back