Contribute
Register

Anyone have P8P67 PRO with XFX Radeon 6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI MEG Unify Z490i
CPU
i9-10850k
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thought I got a bad card but NewEgg overnighted a replacement to me and I'm seeing the same exact issues. See garbled video and can't reach BIOS. Works fine with GTX 460. Have tried everything (pull out RAM, disconnecting drives, CMOS reset, BIOS update, different PCI slot, standing on my head, pulling out hair...).

Anyone have a working version of this configuration (P67 PRO with XFX 6850 dual fan)? I'm beginning to think they're just not compatible somehow... :banghead:

Not sure. I've got an Asus EAH 6850, and it works wonderfully.

I would be surprised if the XFX didn't work... you've got the drivers from the early 2011 macbook pro update installed? And the correct framebuffer specified?

stradivari said:
Not sure. I've got an Asus EAH 6850, and it works wonderfully.

I would be surprised if the XFX didn't work... you've got the drivers from the early 2011 macbook pro update installed? And the correct framebuffer specified?

Yeah, if the card gets past the post screens it seems to work fine. But I've only seen it to this once.

Gordo74 said:
Do you have the power connected correctly?

Yeah, I think so. The guide is extremely limited. Unlike the 460, the 6850 has a single 6-prong plug... is there anything special I should be doing with the unused power cable (running a Corsair 650)? Am I missing something with how power should be connected?

Think I've figured it out!

If you have an Asus + Radeon, can you take a few minutes and plug in to your 720p or 1080p display?

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=20347

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back