Contribute
Register

Anyone have links or advice for noobs like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
2009 Mac Mini
CPU
Core 2 duo 2ghz
Graphics
Radeon 9400m
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, after searching the posts I don't know where to begin. My plan is to purchase the parts to have a system quick enough in Windows to play swtor, Skyrim, BF3 on high or ultra settings, and not have to upgrade for a few years. I also want this system to be able to boot to OSX so I can try my hand at video editing and make this as fast as a mac pro. Gaming trumps though, I basically want to make this a hackintosh because I can and to show my wife it can be done.

The parts I have:
Bitfenix Shinobi window case with 5 140mm fans

700W OCZ modular power supply

Samsung superwriter cd/dvd burner (hope it's mac compatible)? If not what is?

Parts I am looking at:
I7 overclock-able ivy bridge chip when they come out

Z77 board once enough of you can iron out what works, I plan on a ASUS republic of gamers board if they are supported. Open to suggestions, but want a black, red, or black with red accenting colored board. I can always go with another brand/color if they are easier to use but would like black/red as my rig is that color.

I plan to have 3 hard drives, 1 ssd to boot OSX, 1 ssd to boot windows, and a 1 tb drive to use as storage for both operating systems (unless there is an issue with this setup)?

As for a video card, I am open to suggestions so long as I can play current games in high/ultra settings. I don't plan to do sli/crossfire right now, but would keep that option open for later.

I will also attempt to sync an apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse and use an apple network card.

In a nutshell that's what I want out of my system. I know that Ivy Bridge has just been released, I'm in no rush to buy the rest of the components. I am just throwing this out for ideas and suggestions, tips, links, and tutorials considering I have never done this before.

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking to do about the same on the setup components wise, but am waiting for the ivy bridge stuff to get released from Tony and the crew. Do you know if most DVD drives work for the hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back