2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Classic
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I went from 10.6.8 to Lion 10.7.2. I tried using the audio rollback in multi beast, but I got KP's and restarted from scratch twice. On the third try I just installed a cheap USB sound card and am using that for now (used migration assistant to move everything over from my clone drive). I know the 889a is the odd bird and there have always been issues with it (though it worked perfectly under SL for me). Other than that, no problems at all with P55M-UD4 and GTX470 with Lion.

i don't have a KP screenshot now, as it's working fine. i shouldn't have any conflicts, as i wiped the drive, and installed 10.6.2, then upped to 10.68, then installed lion, then multi beast. after that i used migration assistant to move over my home, apps and other (though i deleted all kexts on the old drive to make sure no drivers where imported.

Based on my experience when going from 10.6.8 to Lion, I just need AppleHDA rollback.
What can you do is, copy the AppleHDA rollback version in Snow Leopard partition over to the Lion's partition and use KEXTBEAST to install with KEXT utility to rebuild permission and cache and then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back