Contribute
Register

Anyone get a Titan X to work on Yosemite yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
CPU
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Thinking about getting the fastest single card to update my gtx 670. Anyone try the Titan X out yet?

Confirmed, we just did a 4930K build with the Titan X, took a few trials and errors to get it to work since I couldn't boot up the computer with the OS X build in Nvidia driver....so finally figured out to add:

nv_disable=1

After that, got the machine to boot, and then it was just a matter of installing the latest Nvidia web driver and insert the boot load command to use the web driver instead of the OS X one.

Hopefully when 10.10.3 comes out the Titan X will work right out of the box.

Either way, I can confirm that the card does indeed work just fine.

I am speccing a box right now. Will the Titan X work in SLI?

I am speccing a box right now. Will the Titan X work in SLI?

I don't think OS X recognizes SLI with any card and just treats them as separate GPUs. I could be wrong.

I don't think OS X recognizes SLI with any card and just treats them as separate GPUs. I could be wrong.

That would work for me. For games I would use Windows.

Confirmed, we just did a 4930K build with the Titan X, took a few trials and errors to get it to work since I couldn't boot up the computer with the OS X build in Nvidia driver....so finally figured out to add:

nv_disable=1

After that, got the machine to boot, and then it was just a matter of installing the latest Nvidia web driver and insert the boot load command to use the web driver instead of the OS X one.

Hopefully when 10.10.3 comes out the Titan X will work right out of the box.

Either way, I can confirm that the card does indeed work just fine.

Yippee! Just got this Hackintosh working on Z97 Sabertooth/4790K with 32 GB RAM on built in 4600 on a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO.

My Titan X is in the bullpen. Can you help me out with a few details to keep from Borking this up?

Where do I enter nv_disable=1 to make it load automatically? This is in the boot.plist?
How do I do the command to Load the web driver?

Appreciate the help.

Add me to the Titan X club!! as others have reported, works OOTB with latest webdriver… and wow, the Titan X is a beast to behold! @ lesgarten, if you install the latest webdriver before installing the new GPU you wont need nv_disable=1. that's how I did it anyway.

Add me to the Titan X club!! as others have reported, works OOTB with latest webdriver… and wow, the Titan X is a beast to behold! @ lesgarten, if you install the latest webdriver before installing the new GPU you wont need nv_disable=1. that's how I did it anyway.

Indeed, that's how I got mine to work.

Lovin' me some Hackintosh goodness!

Ive just upgraded to one of these bad boys from a 780, works out the box with web driver fine.
But I am not seeing it in HWMonitor now, I've lost GPU Clock Speed & temp & voltages.
Is this the same with you guys?
Cheers,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back