Contribute
Register

Anyone else noticed the new Intel DQ77KB ITX board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for bringing the DQ77KB "thin motherboard" to my attention.

This MB should be a must have board for new G4 Cube hacks. The onboard PSU with external power brick is the key in my mind.

As with the DH61AG, you must select the correct CPU for a successful OS X hack; one that supports HD4000, which assumes that the next releases of OS X will provide support.

I am thinking that I will get one of these on order soon.

neil

Yeah, if you want that board and the Intel HD Graphics 4000, then you would need to get the i7-3770S chip ... which is a bad ass chip if I may say so myself...

neilhart said:

This MB should be a must have board for new G4 Cube hacks. The onboard PSU with external power brick is the key in my mind.

As with the DH61AG, you must select the correct CPU for a successful OS X hack; one that supports HD4000, which assumes that the next releases of OS X will provide support.

neil

The new Macbooks support Intel HD Graphics 4000 so I would assume it wont be a problem on the hackintosh, what do you think?

phatintosh said:
neilhart said:

neil

The new Macbooks support Intel HD Graphics 4000 so I would assume it wont be a problem on the hackintosh, what do you think?

I appreciate that you have done your homework. The mother board is a little over priced at this point (best I could find was $ 140 USD) and the CPU is $320 USD. So just the bits to get started is $600+ (memory, radios, SSDs).

I would think that Lion with the kexts from the rMBP one could get OS X to run and will become less of a problem when ML is available.

I recently drained my hacking funds by purchasing an rMBP and will have lay low for a while before going for more hardware. And I have several projects that need work.

Again I think that this MB has great potential for small powerful machines.

neil

I have a bit of time as well before I can run out and buy a new set up lol.
I plan to snag the thin mobo for one of my future projects which I cannot wait to get started and share here on the site! But I do like the fact that we have a couple of choices now to do these projects that need slim boards.

Am I correct that both of these boards run off a power brick?

Do they have connectors for lcd screen like in a laptop ?
At least one had a LVDS and some other interface.

So you could make a Hack iMac ?

Cooling would be a problem if put in a G5 iMac case except if you went water cooled.

You would still need to put big hole in back in processor area.

I think it would be impossible to do this with an aluminum iMac, too thin and it is tapered.

Any more news on the ultra small Intel board that is about 4x4 inches?
(the one TonyMac had a thread on )

Am I correct that both of these boards run off a power brick?

Do they have connectors for lcd screen like in a laptop ?
At least one had a LVDS and some other interface.

The Q77 sports LVDS and eDP.
The elderly DH61AG supports LVDS.

This guy made an incredible low power PC. His board (Q77BK) connects the panel via LVDS, I think.
http://tweakers.net/ext/f/nMIhK2QHTvVDkYrRbNXif4kO/full.jpg
For LVDS look at the upper left corner.

It's a work blog, no guide.
Look here:
http://ssj3gohan.tweakblogs.net/blog/8217/fluffy2-59-watt-high-end-desktop-computer.html

For many more details related to the LVDS and DIY (put a Samsung panel in an empty iMac G5) look here:
http://www.brennecke.org/?page_id=896

Update: DH61AG supports eDP too.
My board arrived today. Wandering to see eDP-port at the lower surface of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back