Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-x79-ud3
CPU
i7
Graphics
nvidia gtx 660
Very curious as to whether the "rave" reviews of CS5 apply to the real-world use on Hackintosh systems.

It seems like the role of graphics cards in video-editing in Premiere is really important now, with CUDA/Mercury acceleration. Read this post today:

http://www.indiev.org/?p=308

which promises quite impressive acceleration, even for non-Quatro cards.
Reports, anyone?

Not yet. I'll probably be putting After Effects CS4 on there, but I can't afford the CS5 upgrade just yet.

I'm not even sure I'll be able to get Final Cut Pro running on it. Can't imagine why I wouldn't though...
:crazy:

I've been running Final Cut Pro on my M1330 without a hitch for the last 8 months, even faster now that I've switched on the 64-bit part of Snow Leopard.

Work just gave me CS5, and Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and InDesign all work flawlessly. While the other programs have a few party tricks, After Effects CS5 is such a step up from CS4.

Good luck.

I can't wait. Master Collection in the download process right now.

I am using CS5 Premiere and I feel it is a huge improvement over CS4. The rendering engine has been reworked and produces much better quality HD video. Compatibility with a much larger variety of video formats makes it much more convenient to use.

I am not using a CUDA card but CS5's use of the CPU alone is much better than before.

No longer need to render each individual clip after an edit. Which I always thought was stupid, anyway.

Having a CUDA card would be nice but I have found that having an i7 cpu and a GTX-260 is more than enough.

Download the trial from ADOBE and I am sure you will never want to use CS4 again.

rabbit

I just downloaded the trial, and everything runs super fast. I love it!

does anyone have advice/recommendations for internal hdds for project work (HD footage)?

which brand or speeds or type?

thanks
snoop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back