Contribute
Register

Anybody Notice Any Performance Loss on High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice any performance loss on 10.13 in any app or system usage?
I've got a serious performance decrease in Chrome. It became very slow and very laggy; it's very noticeable in youtube videos when going full screen. Lots of weird buggy artifacts as if the graphics card cant handle a simple video.

But on the other hand... Safari freaking took off, it just flies!! What the heck?
none of the mentioned bugs that are present in Chrome are seen here on Safari, which is kinda annoying for me because I'm a web developer, and I mainly use chrome.

I hope it will be fixed in the next Chrome update.
although I struggle to understand how macOS affects chrome performance

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone notice any performance loss on 10.13 in any app or system usage?
I've got a serious performance decrease in Chrome. It became very slow and very laggy; it's very noticeable in youtube videos when going full screen. Lots of weird buggy artifacts as if the graphics card cant handle a simple video.

But on the other hand... Safari freaking took off, it just flies!! What the heck?
none of the mentioned bugs that are present in Chrome are seen here on Safari, which is kinda annoying for me because I'm a web developer, and I mainly use chrome.

I hope it will be fixed in the next Chrome update.
Although I struggle to understand how macOS affects chrome performance

i'm still on 10.12.6, did your update go smooth for you? i have a GA-Z170N-WIFI motherboard as well. can i take a look at your conf.plst by chance?

i'm still on 10.12.6, did your update go smooth for you? i have a GA-Z170N-WIFI motherboard as well. can i take a look at your conf.plst by chance?

The updates are always going smoothly for me, thankfully, the only thing I did was I added the Lilu and Nvidia Graphics fixUp Kexts in order to avoid the whole issue with the black screen every time after updating the web drivers
but other than that, it was as smooth as always, took about 25-30 mins to install straight from the app store.

I'm not sure my config.plist is anything to be admired but sure you can take a look lol :D

By the way, I should mention I have an M.2 SSD on the motherboard, so I also applied the APFS file before installing.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 237
Yes, same here. Performance is bad in High Sierra, and gets worse when using the machine a lot (multiple chrome or other heavy applications running).

Not really sure where to start trouble shooting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back